Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SeaThreePeeO, Aug 10, 2009.

1. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Today I decided enough was enough, we were going to tackle the tip that is currently Ana bedroom.

I went up there armed with a roll of black bags, a pitch fork and a grumpy pre-teen.

Half way through finishing I stripped Ana's bed and dumped the sheets out on the landing ready to take down to the washing machine. Now, because I was expecting a call from Social Services I brought up our portable home phone and placed it on the banister on the landing. Ana picked it up and asked if I wanted her to take it downstairs.

No, leave it there. I said.

So, we finish Ana's bedroom THREE HOURS later and I grab the bedsheets and put them on to wash.

The phone rings, can't find it. The phone keeps ringing. It sounds like its in the kitchen but I cannot find it. I ask Ana where the phone was and she says upstairs. No sign of it, so I forget about it.

Empty the washing machine to put the sheets on the line and what comes out with them? The chuffing phone!

Now its not working

The whole time it was wooshing round in the washing machine it was able to ring, now nothing.

2. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

o no , im not surprised you couldnt find it lol

3. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

**tears of laughter**

sorry but it is funny ;) :D

4. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

At least you got a clean bedroom:rolleyes:. I'm on bedroom patrol tomorrow:D

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I read this on facebook, oh dear :laugh:

6. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

Gosh & what's worse some companies will not replace due to water damage. If the plastic thingy has gone red it will be void, as they recommend you don't take them into the bathroom even........... hope I'm wrong.

7. claire

claire Guest

Oh dear LOL, Ive washed my mobile phone before and it worked when it was dry it has also been in a swimming pool and worked again

8. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

LOL- :D:D:D
    Sorry to laugh but.....
    At least the bedroom is tidy. As for the phone you may find it starts to work again once it's fully dried out.

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Oh dear.

I think you can have your calls diverted to your mobile (if you have one).

10. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

well thats one clean phone, thats going to be job starting tommorrow my youngest son is in magaluf on a lads holiday:eek: so ime going to gut his room o.m.g what a tip looked under the bed this morning and i cant believe it, wot a tip, it will take me all day. Ile leave the phone downstairs tho thanks for the tip:D

11. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

I'd probably laugh then cry.
    Like my mum did when she found out she was having twins :001_tt2:

12. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

Lol been there done that, not with a pre teen just an 9 year old,,

I would laugh crying will make your eyes puffy and your nose swell:smilewinkgrin:

13. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Lol and the award to the cleanest phone goes too..... You know what comes next... :001_tt2:
    What washing powder was in there? Daz? Lol

14. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I have another home phone, so people can still contact me. But I likes having a portable one as I could walk about the house doing stuff as my mother waffled at me. I may have to actually listen to her the next time she calls.

See, I KNEW housework was bad!

Sahunk, it was *goes to check* Surf small and might with essential oils. So my phone should smell lovely.

15. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

:D Do you have a mum like that as well? weve a lot in common kids that cant look after their bedrooms and mums that go on and on and on. bless them both.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice