Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I don't get this...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SpringerHusky, Jul 7, 2009.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

as you know I rehomed bear a while back and after only two weeks he was brung back because she could not cope with his separation anxiety, despite being warned and given advice about it. Now this woman has another dog a springer spaniel and was recommended by two friends and upon meeting her we thought everything would work out well, I guess not.

Now I have just seen and heard she's gone and got herself an 8 week old Labrador puppy, i'm quite furious as I wish to know how an 8 week old puppy won't have a problem being left. I've just text my friend asking how this person is going to cope because at least bear was 5 months old and all she had to do was put him in a crate but that was too hard.

:cursing: Maybe someone can explain the sense in this to me because I see none. :mad:

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Bear came to her with the SA, whereas the puppy is like a 'clean slate', it will be able to slowly adjust to being left alone.... she might have found it too hard to work around Bear's SA, but may find it easier to slowly break a puppy into being left.

I do still agree with you though... puppies are hard work whether they have SA or not, I hope she doesn't end up giving this one away :(

3. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

some people will never learn, they will keep getting animals and getting rid when they are to much hard work

4. SpringerHusky

That I get, but it would have been so simply fixed, he is quiet once he's put into a crate but she didn't even take my crate when I offered it.

I just hope so two :(

I don't know how you could do it, I have been through hell and back with Maya and although I think about it, I know I never would give her up :(

5. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

but why would a puppy mind being left with another dog. It is not normally a problem so I dont see why she is wrong. Very different to taking on a 5 month old pup with problems - even if she was told about them before she did it.

6. SpringerHusky

I guess I forgot to mention, her other dog doesn't live with her full time it lives with her mother most of the time.

I still think the pup will cry when left, and I fear it will be bear's situation allover again.

7. SpringerHusky

ok -falls- I found out her fiancee who's been away due to him being in the navy, bought her the puppy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice