Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I dont believe this

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by shirleystarr, Oct 1, 2013.

1. SirHiss

SirHiss Guest

Only up to six months in prison? :mad:

Cannot begin to think what poor Jades family are going through:(

2. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

what was the animal cruelty?

3. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

People that hurt/abuse/kill animals either get a fine or hardly any time in prison. Its a joke. They should be given the same treatment they gave the animal IMO

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Only up to six months because she was such a nice person :mad:. She should have been charged with manslaughter as well.

5. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

It was said she subjected the animals to "an environment that was detrimental to their well-being" and she knew or ought to have reasonably known what she had done

Maybe she kept them in the house all the time it does not really say in detail I expect more will come out eventually

6. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

I think its a complete tragedy that this ever happened and I don't think I saw any photos of the dogs but this is the first time any sort of cruelty has been mentioned .

7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Probably cause she kept them shut up in the house or yard going stir crazy.:( Abuse created by neglecting the need for large, powerful, energetic dogs to be trained and exercised properly.
    The sentence is a joke but I think that is part of the problem with the law at the moment. Clearly saying its an offense if your Pitbull attacks someone on the street but any other breed is ok to attack at home is not working.....

8. mollypip

mollypip PetForums Senior

The face that the poor dogs environment was described as detrimental to their well being makes me think she most likely kept the dogs confined in crates or perhaps tethered.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice