Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I Do Not Know What Is Worse...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Merlin Birmingham, May 13, 2010.

1. Merlin Birmingham

Merlin Birmingham PetForums Senior

The Fact I watched it,

The Fact it was filmed in the first place,

Or the fact that there are still so many people breeding and likewise so many people insisting that they want to buy from breeders!

Only Watch if you are in the mood to cry!

YouTube - Animal Overpopulation Consequences

2. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

I suppose this video is good in the sense only breed if you will stand by the babies produced. Its so heart braking the video though, but maybe if rescues where not as strict people may not go to breeders as often.

#2 DKDREAM, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  3. rona

rona Guest

It never ceases to amaze me how many people know about all this and still go ahead and breed

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

well, that made me cry. So sad..:(
    People really need to neuter their pets or this will keep happening..:(

5. Lulu's owner

Lulu's owner PetForums VIP

It was very sad to see these healthy dogs being put to sleep. I read some of the comments, too, and some people seemed to think that the method was inhumane. I'm not certain there, it looked to me pretty much like the way vets euthanase sick animals. Even vets struggle to find a vein sometimes. To me the hideous thing was not the way the poor dogs met their end, it was the fact that their lives were being snuffed out for no good reason.

6. Mollydoodle

Mollydoodle Banned

God thats orful! I wish breeding cud be stopped or limited. i wudnt get anova dog from a breeder again. Shelters all the way and more so after watching that

7. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Oh god, that was truly heartbreaking :frown: :frown: :frown: i agree with one comment. ''anyone who drops their pet off to a shelter should be made to watch a video like this''

And Rona i agree, how can people still breed willy nilly? Some people have no heart and are are so damn selfish.

8. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

OMG that is so sad...:cryin:

9. kazschow

kazschow PetForums VIP

So sad :(

But in fairness, if there was NO dog breeding the supply for all of us wanting to share our lives with dogs would quickly dry up.... Is that what everyone wants? A genuine question, but in all honeslty, it's not what I want.

I want considered, educated breeders..... health testing stock, breeding for health and temprement above all else, and if aplicable for conformation. Breeders being responsible for the dogs they produce throughout their life times.... be that breeders of crosses or pedigrees, the same rules would apply.

Stop breeding and all those who say it's rescue all the way for me, will have nothing to rescue! Though it would be lovely to have no need for rescue centres, in reality this is a very nieve view IMHO. There's light and shade in all aspects of life.

10. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

The rescue crisis is the product of irresponsible ownership. It's not the breeders. For sure, they play a role but it is the owners who play the starring roles. Very few breeders put their pups into rescue.

11. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

So sad.

Posted this on Facebook for all to see.

12. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Responsible breeders are not the issue. It's the idiot BYB's who think 'ohh isn't my dog pretty/good/nice size/good colour/funny think I'll mate it and see what happens' that causes the problems. The idiot who allowed their staffie to get pregnant, the moron who thinks they'll replicate their dog by allowing it to breed, the whoops my dog and bitch tied. All those add to the over 9000 dogs euthenised in this country last year.

Responsible owners and breeders do not add to these numbers. And the old blame the rescues is really getting very very old. :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice