Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I do meet them most amazingly odd people!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by salemsparklys, Aug 22, 2013.

1. salemsparklys

salemsparklys PetForums Senior

I swear I must have some kind of nutter magnet:huh:

Storm and I were walking along when I spot a lady with a pug coming towards me. Storm was happily walking beside me on the lead so I knew he would behave for me. The lady spots Storm and scoops the pug up, fair enough I think, and I move Storm further over the path out the way.

The lady stops just in front of me and the following happens:blush:

Lady :"Its ok Pookie, the big wolf will not eat you"

Me : Hi, he is a Alaskan Malamute, He is a friendly boy but if your pug is scared we will keep walking past you:)"

Lady : " IT'S big isn't it?"

Me : " Well, yes he is a big dog and will look even bigger next to your pug, who is lovely by the way:)"

Lady : "Pookie doesn't like it!:mad:"

Me : "Um, well, that's ok, we will be on our way then :huh:"

Lady : " What does it eat?"

Me : " His name is Storm and he is on Raw food"

Lady : " Raw? As in animals? Pookie and I do not eat meat, do we Pookie" She is kissing the pugs nose at that point:eek:

Lady suddenly looks alarmed and I am wondering how fast I can get Storm to leg it:eek:

Lady : " Has it ever eaten (whispers) DOG???"

Now, I will admit, I am going to hell for what I did next, I couldn't help it, I looked at Storm who was smiling at me and it just came out:blush:

Me " Actually, he had his first taste of pug last week, but the fat content is far too high, so he only had half, the other half is for this week:arf::ihih::dita::yesnod:"

She practically ran away from me:blush::blush:

Picklelily likes this.
  2. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I'd never have had the nerve to say anything like that. :D

Just hope the story doesn't get around. If you find people avoiding you on your walks you'll know why!

3. salemsparklys

She really got on my goat, my dog is not an IT:hand: and she was really quite rude, never seen her before but if it keeps her out my way I am all for it:D

Most people I meet love Storm so its all good, we live on a farm so I don't go on the local walks often.

4. Huskylover1

Huskylover1 PetForums Member

Love it.I'm afraid i'd do the same so i'll see you in hell.:)

5. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I usually say mine are vegetarian (wouldn't have worked with a veggie though) or have already had breakfast.

I said to a lady who's dog was really trying to pull her over the road to meet us "Looks like he (her dog) really wants to meet him (Kilo)". She suddenly looked all panicked and it turns out she thought I had said "He (Kilo) really wants to eat him (her dog!) :D.

6. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

Nutter alright :nonod:, love it, I would like to say I would say the same but sadly i would only think of it later, thank you for sharing gave me a giggle

7. salemsparklys

I am normally the person who thinks of all the cool things to say 10 min after the event lol.
    I think she got me at the right time lol:D

8. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

That gave me a good giggle :lol:

9. IncaThePup

IncaThePup PetForums VIP

ROFLMAO!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I haven't had anything as funny as that but I have Border Collie and am wheelchair user..(I have mobility scooter too)

once in park someone said to me:

man:"Is it a proper sheepdog?"
    me: yes (assuming he meant is it a pedigree Border Collie)
    man: They run 70 miles a day them you know? ..then paused looking at my chair and said "how far does that go?"
    me: 25 miles and scooter same so he'll have to make do with 50!! :D

what was funnier was the man was really looking like he was seriously thinking whether this was acceptable or not! :lol:

10. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

I get that with Dexter all the time! And he's a Border Collie!

I had one woman a few days ago, no joke, this is how it went:

Lady: "Oh, he looks very wolf-ey".

Me: "He's a Border Collie".

Lady: "Are you sure? He's not very fluffy".

Me: "He's still a Border Collie".

Lady: "He looks like that wolf from The Never Ending Story".

Me: "He's a Border Collie".

Lady: "Does he herd sheep? He looks like he'll eat them".

Me: "He used to herd sheep, but he likes to eat them... That's why he doesn't herd anymore".

Lady looks shocked.

Lady: "maybe because he is half wolf".

Me: "He's a border Collie".

Eventually I just walked off... After rolling my eyes again...

I mean, come on! Does he look even remotely like a wolf?!

[​IMG]
    Okay he looks kinda evil in the pic above... But she's right, nothing about him is anything like a Border Collie...
    What makes me think he's a Border Collie?...[​IMG]

11. Prowl

Prowl Guest

I think pookie and I must be thinking the same thing :eek: (insert vom icon)

12. IncaThePup

IncaThePup PetForums VIP

I don't remember a wolf in Never Ending Story did she mean the big furry dragon thing the boy rode on? ..I loved him..Falcor??

Years ago as a teen I used to walk a ladies dog up the road..I'm not sure if she was Husky, Malamute or a cross between them as I didn't know about them then and only ever seen one similar on telly (The littlest Hobo..remember that?) But she was grey/white and very wolfie looking.

so often...when walking behind kiddies with their parents I would hear something along the lines of ' mummy there's a wolf behind us' ..and mothers reply 'don't be silly dear, there's no wolves in Yorkshire!' ..then they'd turn round and do a double-take cos Sian (the dog) looked just like one!! :D

I think it had more effect in those days (early 80's) cos they were so rarely seen especially rural yorkshire where most peoples dogs in our small village were JRT, labs, collies and spaniels or a variety of crosses between the working breeds.

13. salemsparklys

Looks about as wolf like as my collie lol. Have to wonder where these people spring from:rolleyes:

14. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

I had to Google it... It's called Gmork and I do remember it from when I was younger. Still gives me the creeps!
    [​IMG]

I have to admit though... I can see similarities between Gmork and Dexter lol.

15. IncaThePup

IncaThePup PetForums VIP

He doesn't look anything like a wolf!.. now if he was a slate merle or something with grey/white colouring I could understand it!!!

16. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

Wow and thank you revenge at last :biggrin5:

17. andrea84

andrea84 PetForums Senior

ha ha ha brilliant !! i find the nutters too, but must admit they brighten up my day :rolleyes: im currently working on becoming one :D (hmmm wonder if alfie wouldnt mind becoming a pookie? ) :biggrin5:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice