Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I couldnt believe what i heard today in p@h

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by srhdufe, May 19, 2010.

1. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I was in pets at home getting some dog food and was having a nosey round (they've just had a refit)

Anyways... I came accross the adoption bit and there were a pair of gorgeous frenchies

They had been brought in by the owner who could no longer look after them (they had been neutered, vaccinated etc)

A woman and her little girl were asking about them as a present for the childs 7th birthday :eek:

She went on to say that they would live in a primrose cottage (now i have one of those but only for one bun, never mind two frenchies :mad:)

The staff member said its a lovely hutch and will fit them fine :scared:
    I immediately jumped in and said that he was wrong and pointed out that they need a shed to live in as they were going to be huge (they were still babies)
    The woman turned her back to ignore me, so i carried on...

I said that it is irresponsible to buy rabbits for a child, let alone huge rabbits! :mad:

She just told me to mind my own business and told the guy to open the pen so she could let the kid hold one. He opened it up and the kid got in and dragged one of the poor bunnies towards her. The poor buggar was terrified and kicked her :lol:
    I burst out laughing and said "told ya!" :p

The woman said the rabbits were viscious and should be pts :(
    She said she's going to seek legal action for the poor thing kicking the kid :eek6: :rolleyes: :cursing:

I put in a complaint to the manager about the staff member telling people its ok for putting frenchies in a hutch like that :mad:

If i had room for another shed i would have taken them there and then. Poor babies :crying:

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

i avoid those pet shops, glad karma is working today

3. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

I just cannot stand peoples ignorance:mad: Good on you for saying something even though it was ignored:rolleyes:

4. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

Aww sooo glad my p@h is not like that!! If you going to by pets for a child, you need to make sure the child knows how to handle them lol! i have 8yr old twin siblings and a 10 yr old sibling, as well as other older ones lol but i trust them with my animals 100% they know how to handle the rabbits, hamsters, guinea's etc! they often take them from the hutches to the runs etc, but they have been taught from when they were in nappys how to handle and look after them x

5. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Good on the rabbit for kicking the kid I say! The rabbit obviously knew it didn't want to go home with her :)

All the 'vicious' rabbits I've ever come across are because they've been pulled around by children. I took on a 'vicious' rabbit once and she was so sweet and docile-never showed an ounce of aggression!

6. Zippstar

Zippstar PetForums Member

I really hope they don't take this stupid woman seriously and put them to sleep - poor buns! The poor kid as well really - some parents are so irresponsible! Thankfully the P@H near here isn't like that; i wanted to buy Primrose Cottage when I got Rags from them, but they wouldn't let me as she's (supposedly :rolleyes:) a Dwarf Lop, so it had to be a hutch at least 6ft long, so I got Lavender Lodge instead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice