Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I could kill George!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Kammie, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Yesterday evening OH's mum brought us over some strawberry plants to go in the garden that she'd grown from seeds for us. I left them just inside the front door ready to put in the garden today as it was already dark and I didn't want to put them out last night. Within an hour of the plants being in the house every leaf on the plants had been eaten and I caught George sat quite happily munching away next to them.

I thought they would have been safe as the front door is at the bottom of the stairs with living in a maisonette and George doesn't usually go down the stairs. I now have 6 strawberry stems to plant and hope they will still grow but they have no leaves or buds left on them.

A few nights ago George also devoured an entire basil plant I'd just bought from ASDA and was on the floor in a bag whilst I was unpacking the rest of the shopping.

2. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Uh oh!! Bless him, I bet he thought Christmas had come early!

Alan and Lottie are terrors for this! I was growing spinach for my buns which I even fenced off but Alan ate through the fence to get to it and devoured the lot. Lottie ate all of our sage and rosemary Alan has also had our pansies :( I try so hard to protect the plants but the rabbits always find a way!

3. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Whoops!!! what a cheeky bun!!!

*Heidi*

5. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Hahaha you gotta love him! :lol:

6. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I love him but at times I really could strangle him! Think of Homer and Bart type of strangling.

7. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

lol! Bet he was a very happy bun after all that! :lol:

My rabbit used to have a thing for my Mum's hosta plant on the patio and would 'bump' her run over towards it to try and eat them! She was a rather large New Zealand White so no problem for her! lol! Clever bugger.

Laura :)

8. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

George is currently sat on the sofa next to me sharing a bowl of grapes. Little git keeps taking a bite out of each grape and leaving the other half in the bowl rather than eat the whole grape.

George thinks he's in heaven at the moment I think with all the fruit I've been eating and sharing with him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice