Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I can't see....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by TabbyLex, Jan 5, 2012.

1. TabbyLex

TabbyLex PetForums Junior

Ever tried to get some work done with a kitten on your laptop? :blink:

[​IMG]

2. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

Every day :D

3. TabbyLex

And we wouldn't want it any other way! :)

She managed to magnify my screen about 1000 times or something..... You could see the text from Mars! :scared:

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

It might be a tabby thing, I spend every evening fighting Dizzy for room on my keyboard, she likes to rest her chin on the Tab, Caps Lock, Shift, and Ctrl keys so Ive learnt to just avoid the left hand side when shes around. can you not just learn to only look at the outer part of your screen and only use certain keys? Its a bit rude to move her now shes all comfy :D

[​IMG]

5. TabbyLex

Aw, your Dizzy is adorable! :D

Move her? How could I do such a thing!
    She is sitting right on the spacebar and is giving me the "get your hands off my bum" look every time I try to press it :nono:

As for that email I was sending.... Ha! They'll have fun making sense of that one! :laugh:

6. oggers86

oggers86 PetForums VIP

It amazes me how cats and kids can do stuff with computers we havent got the faintest how to do...and then undo!!

My little sister is great at turning off the wireless when I am trying to Skype my dad and shes just turning 2. Brat :p

7. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

my kitten does this all the time like a couple of months ago i went on the laptop, then i made the mastake of leaving the room with the kitten and laptop unsupervised and come back and my mouse dosnt work... 3 months latter i worked out why lol

8. TabbyLex

My 3 year old brother manages to downloaded iPhone and iPad apps without me knowing - only for me to find the receipts on my bank statement!

And Lexie is an expert and magnifying the laptop screen, stepping on the on and off button and posing in the webcam when I turn it on! :lol:

9. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

Merlin while trying to reach my yoghurt via my laptop managed to make the letters in my yahoo so tiny. I still havent managed to repair the damage.

10. ~Cookie~

~Cookie~ PetForums Member

Oh i can sympathise with you! Here is Cookie when she was younger (far too big to do it now although she does still try!).

Attached Files:

• 133.jpg
      133.jpg
      File size:
      48.9 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      65 KB
      Views:
    #10 ~Cookie~, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  11. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

Gwennie used to change things all the time on my laptop. I had to call Dell twice because she had turned the stuff on the screen by 90 degrees so everything was sideways. And she would turn off the wireless capabilities, and turn on some voice activated features I didn't even know I had.

Here she is the day we brought her home from the shelter. As you can see, at the tender age of 8 weeks, she already had her sights set on mastering the laptop:

Attached Files:

12. Heybunny

Heybunny PetForums Member

I love the photo of your cat on the keyboard with a photo of a cat on a keyboard on the screen. :D

Mine both like to lie on my Macbook and since I'm still getting used to it after using Windows all my life, Poppy is inputting symbols I've never seen before, as well as opening menus and doing other weird stuff.

Oh and they like to do it as I'm watching videos also, so the video rewinds/stops/etc. :D

13. wind1

wind1 PetForums VIP

My kitten is tabby and she lays on my laptop. I actually think she is jealous of it as everytime I sit down and put it on my lap, no matter what she is doing she has to come and sit there too.

14. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

I would love to have a parrot. Does yours interract with you a lot? what is his relationship with the rest of your animals?

15. TabbyLex

So cute! :D She looks so comfortable!

That that made me laugh a lot! :D

#15 TabbyLex, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  16. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

How cute :D

17. TabbyLex

She seems to like the case too :)

[​IMG]

18. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

It made the customer service reps at Dell laugh a lot too :D. They found it most amusing that a little kitten had wreaked such havoc and one of them told me how clever she was, which was nice, but I couldn't help but think he was suggesting she was far more clever than I since she did that and I didn't have a clue how to undo it :skep:

19. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

Well this is off topic, but the parrot is the most awesome little guy (we think he's a guy, or at least we call him that. Without a DNA test, who knows?). We consider him a room mate rather than a pet, he's so interactive. He comments on things, laughs during conversations, he's really fun. He keeps the cats in line--they are all very respectful of him although fascinated by his toys--and he mocks the dogs although I think he finds them entertaining. He beeps like a big truck a couple of times a day because they never figure out it's him and come running to the window at full tilt to see what truck is outside the house. He barks, whines, howls, meows, rings like the phone, sings, whistles, etc. I counted his vocab about 5 or 6 years ago and it was over 250 words and sounds. I could tell many stories about how he seems to know when to say something embarrassing or scarily appropriate, but then we'll really be off topic :cool:

20. ameliajane

ameliajane PetForums VIP

What is it with cats and keyboards..!?

Declan loves to sit on my lap when i'm trying to use the computer and constantly plays with the keyboard. If i push it away from him he stretches his paw out and drags it back so he can carry on messing with the keys...

Here he is about to resize the screen yet again...

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice