Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I can't help wondering

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by lorilu, Apr 23, 2017.

1. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

How many others are going through, or have gone through, what these people are going though right now thanks to the people who bred this kitten and sold her before she was even weaned, lying abut her age and health status..

These disgusting byb for money "breeders" make me so sick. They infuriate me with the suffering (both fur and human) they cause, all to line their pockets.

I am weeping so hard over that little baby I can hardly see to type.

Send some vibes and thoughts and prayers up for her okay?

http://www.petforums.co.uk/threads/vomiting-and-diarrhoea-in-young-kitten-help.447203/page-5

Matrod, Ceiling Kitty, AmsMam and 3 others like this.
  2. Michebe

Michebe PetForums Member

It's awful, poor baby

lorilu likes this.
  3. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

I'm praying for her hun. And I'm bloody fuming too :(
    As much as I detest the person (she is not a breeder!) who sold her, if people continue to buy kittens from these sources they will continue to line their pockets. I wish that anyone looking for a kitten does their research and there is more awareness of what age a kitten should leave Mum. 'We' the wider public are also at fault here by providing a demand and therefore a BYB offering a supply.
    I am heartbroken for the other OP, don't get me wrong. However we hear way too many stories like this and something needs to change.

4. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Yes I agree with you. Every word. x

moggie14 likes this.
  5. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Was thinking the same thing as I was reading the heartbreaking reality of a tiny life slipping away all because heartless barstewards think so little of the lives they create/destroy and the heartache they cause.
    Sadly it is always going to happen unless more rescue societies/vets / anyone involved in animal welfare gets the message across to the public that kittens should ideally not be leaving their mum before 12 weeks old and definitely not before 9/10 weeks old.
    As you say the buying public also have to make themselves aware of the needs of a kitten / what to look for and to satisfy themselves that the kitten is indeed the age being quoted, before actually taking it home.

Edited as it has been pointed out that I may not have made myself clear x

#5 buffie, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    lorilu and moggie14 like this.
  6. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

Threads like the one linked and others about yet more bloody pregnant moggies makes me so upset and angry I sometimes want to leave the forum. However when I read how much support the members give on here to so many hapless owners helps me keep the faith. Well, just a little bit anyway xx

7. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

But the buyer needs to know what a kitten old enough to be sold looks like. The baby in the linked thread was sold as a nine week old kitten. It's so discouraging, here we are the age of information with the internet and a world of guidance at our fingertips, and yet people are taken in over and over again. Or they think they are "saving" the kitten, not thinking about the fact that their purchase just encourages the seller to make more of these poor suffering innocent souls. And thinking about the mothers of these kittens...it makes me want to vomit.

spotty cats, catcoonz, AmsMam and 2 others like this.
  8. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Possibly didn't word that very well but you are correct and that was what I was meaning that the prospective new owner needs to know what to expect when they go to see a litter of kittens before actually buying a kitten.

#8 buffie, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    moggie14 and lorilu like this.
  9. Marmitepepsi

Marmitepepsi PetForums Member

I cannot believe that this happens :(...that woman is disgusting & should have all her animals taken off her. It's animal cruelty! Awful awful person & those poor animals in her care, let alone the poor families that are having to go though emotional turmoil watching their kittens fade away :(...
    Our kittens aren't going anywhere until they're ready...
    And I'd never heard of fading kitten syndrome, I'll be pleased & relieved when all ours get to 6 weeks & weaning well.
    Above all I want them all to go to loving homes, apart from word of mouth, I need to find somewhere that's trustworthy to find homes for them. Otherwise they're all staying with me (Neutered)...!!!!!

Gosh, that poor kitten :(...that woman is just vial

moggie14 likes this.
  10. RottieMummy

RottieMummy Run free at the bridge my darling x

I totally agree! I feel so stupid now. I've always been careful and always gone to rescue. I let my heart rule my head and now this has happened. I so wish I'd researched more. With everything I'm finding out now I'm disgusted. I naively thought people like this would have been stopped and had their animals removed. I've learnt my lesson but sadly it feels like Kira is paying the price.

lorilu and moggie14 like this.
  11. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

I know you are feeling heartbroken and stupid at the moment, but little Kira would not have known love if it wasn't for you.

12. RottieMummy

I think people need to know more about how convincing these people can be. I checked mum had been spayed as didn't want to encourage more breeding and was shown a cat with a scar and shaved patch that I now know may have been a c-section. I asked about flea treatment and worming and was shown vet invoices confirming it had been done and they'd all been checked over. I thoight she looked small but her mother was a tiny Asian breed that I know nothing about so she didn't seem unnaturally small. I checked that she looked healthy and clean and she did. I took her for a vet check the next day and she was fine, the vet said she looks younger. The "breeder" sent me proof she was 9 weeks by sending me vet invoices for mother cat being neutered. She hid so much! Even now she's messaged me asking how she is, saying sorry and offering to pay all vet bills. She seemed so so genuine. It's only after that I find out she's done this before and it's all lies. These people know exactly how to fool you! I will never ever again make the mistake again as I won't trust anyone now.

AmsMam, lorilu and Marmitepepsi like this.
  13. RottieMummy

We initially looked into rescue but it's a bit early yet and they had no kittens (has to be a kitten as I don't think any adult cat would be impressed at meeting my large dog as soft as he is). My mother in law passed away 3 weeks ago after a battle with cancer, my children have been heartbroken. At the same time I have just had surgery and have more coming up yet and my children are associating hospital and illness with death so scared they will lose me. I just wanted to make them smile again and give them a distraction from how hard it has been for them. We had discussed getting a kitten and was just waiting when we saw her advertised and thought we checked her out and all was fine. Now they are going through more pain and more suffering.

14. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Sorry but I think you were lied to there as well. Of course she might well have been spayed at the same time as having a section, but without seeing the vet records there is no way of knowing.

15. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

No..... The so called Bixxh of a breeder showed you what she had in paperwork, there is no proof the paperwork corresponds to Kira, nor that the cat shown to you was the mother. You can't believe anything these type of people show or tell you, they will tell/show you anything to get your money.

This is not your fault

16. RottieMummy

Oh I'm sure I was! I saw the mother and she was Asian looking but a crossbreed at most. I also saw a vet invoice for spaying but I suspect it's fake now.

17. Marmitepepsi

Marmitepepsi PetForums Member

Gosh, it's so scary :(....
    I feel like this with my kittens going to new homes, I don't want to be fooled into thinking that our loved kittens that we've put so much love & care into could go to bad homes. A work customer of mine the other day said that loads of people go to look at kittens/puppy's & seem like they're lovely, genuine & normal families & then they use the kittens/puppies for bait :(...people can be so cruel...I mean what on earth are these people thinking. There are some awful sick people out there...

I feel a nervous wreck about some of the kittens going to homes that I don't know the families! I'm making sure that prospective new families come a good few times to see the kittens! & I want to know their names & addresses so I can google them & FB them! Hopefully it'll all be people that I know/know of anyway!

@RottieMummy its not your fault, you were looking for a ray of light in what sounds like an awful situation, I got my two in amongst an awful time last year too & luckily all was ok. Don't beat yourself, thank goodness Kira has you caring for her now. I really hope & pray that little Kira has a miricle turn around for you all. Well done for persevering too, I'm so sorry you're going though this :(

SusieRainbow and moggie14 like this.
  18. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

Don't beat yourself up @RottieMummy Luckily Kira has you to care for her as a good owner, who knows what could happen to any other kitten this woman has rehomed. xx

lorilu likes this.
  19. RottieMummy

It's the one I know is still with her I feel for.

20. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

No way, omg.
    Hopefully Rpca will take that kitten off her, or somebody nice will go through heartache.

Redseraphim likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice