UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im feeling very mopey today, I sprained my ankle on the last night of our holiday, I can't ride my motorbike and I cant walk Alfred :(

Which means I am completely reliant on my mum who also feels full off cold, I need to go morrisons and the local pet shop to get some food for the pooches.

I hate not being able to do stuff, I hate not doing anything and I dont have much choice :(

Not much point to this thread just a grumble

G

·
These things happen. Have a doggie cuddle - have a sleep with them, and watch a favorite comedy. Can't help wirh the dog food, sorry

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
It's horrible isn't it. I was the same last year when I tore the muscles in my ribs and couldn't move for weeks. Even breathing was agony... I just couldn't do a thing except rest. Thankfully my OH was great and helped with all the dog stuff.

I hope you're feeling better soon and back to normal and enjoy the TLC while it lasts :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Aw, I feel for you :( I hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Ive been advised not to walk the pully guys, which gives me a choice of kira or... kira! So im relying on the OH to walk tthhe other 3 for me atm :(

Cant run them either, usually we'd be out training in the bike by now but not this year :(

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Don't think about what you can't do...think about what you can :D. There are lots of games and training that you can do if you can't walk far that will provide lots of mental stimulation for the pup and give you a focus.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I know how you feel. Last year I broke both ankles & it was months before I could walk Sox by myself :( It was awful!

Wishing you a speedy recovery, take it easy :) xx

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went out with my mum and hobbles round the pet shop, now my ankle is hurting loads, my mum however had decided because i tried to go to the pet shop. Im not allowed to rest today and must take both dogs out for a run :(

Thanks for the well wishes

G

·
You need to keep off it, I didn't when I buggered my ankle up and really did myself no favours, use a walking stick in the opposite hand to your poorly ankle it will help lots, have you got it bandaged, I bought a gel padded ankle support and that made a huge difference, but being the idiot I was I though oh I can't walk the dogs far so I will cycle with them. Needless to say I was in agony and off my feet again completely for 7 days, I managed to really fluff up the rest of my ligaments in my poorly ankle apparently. Morale to this ramble, even when it's feeling a bit better don't and I can't emphasise this enough, don't over do it.

Feel better soon.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My mum has taken Alfred out and pi$$ed off is an understatment!

Conversation went a bit like this;

Mum 'Im taking Alfred out to run around'

Me 'well I'd rather you didnt let him off the lead because if he doesnt come back straight away you'll slap him, then that'll ruin all the training i have with him, please keep him on the longline'

mum 'no his going for a run in the field'

me 'just dont smack him!'

dad 'ill beat the dog if i have to!'

They keep telling me his far to naughty and its my own fault for not smacking him.

Im just so fed up and down lately :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.