Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

i can not be the only one...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, Oct 31, 2012.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Who has been tempted to put a vest on my dog and get into shops! can i?

Kira would easily pass off as some sort of assistance/therapy dog in terms of behaviour, so we'd probably get away with it, we get asked regularly if shes an assistance dog!

I wouldnt, i dont need to but its annoying having to leave her behind when my errands could be combined with her walks etc

#1 sid&kira, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. terrierist

terrierist PetForums Senior

I could do that - and be thrown out very quickly for my fat terrier eating anything on thelowest shelves.....or highest shelves, seeing as he can climb!!

3. theothersparticus

theothersparticus PetForums Senior

Lots of people assume Bo is an assistance or police dog when she has reflective vest on, I should see if she can come into shops, would make things easier :D

ETA: I suspect that Kira would be a lot better behaved than Bo, she probably wouldn't jump over everyone, eat everything and then try to destroy the merchandise (Source: Our last visit to P@H) :(

#3 theothersparticus, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  4. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Only one way to find out!!

5. Pupcakes

Pupcakes Lady of The Terrors.

Charlie would assist himself in eating everything then having a cr*p in the middle of the shops and cocking his leg on the promotion end for good measure!

6. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

One thing I would never actually do, as I feel it would put genuine assistant dog owners at risk of not being allowed to take their dogs with them if lots of people did this - but yes I have thought how easy would it be to make up a vest for my dogs and take them everywhere with me :eek:

7. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

yea, i wouldnt as i know if kira did have an off day and do something naughty it could affect the shops view of real ones.

I think there should be something like the GCDC but harder that shops etc take part in. where if the dog has passed it can go in. I mean I only want to go to the bank and the post office! not topshop! :lol:

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Never a vest....but I have wondered if I could sneak one in in a handbag!:eek:

9. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

i dont think kira would fit :eek: maybe a suitcase? :lol:

10. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

When GSP was still young I had to go to the chemist to get a prescription. A couple of days before I had been asked "How much?" and also there was a fair in the vacinity and there had been some dog trouble, and reports in local rag of dog thefts. So I was not taking any risks, I took him in the chemist. The assistant was making silly noises and sending me glares. I just said he is in training! They did not challange me, well how could they really and any way they do not sell food so what's the problem. No sign on door saying NO DOGS..he was being trained away, he was a puppy ;)

If I go on holiday to Wales /Shropshire/Devon almost all rural places I visit, any where I go my dogs are allowed. I tied them up outside a butchers in Wales and the guy told me to bring them in, and they got a tit bit too.:D

11. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I've thought about it a lot :D

But I can't work out how I would be able to pull off having three assistance dogs :confused: :lol:

12. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

lol Kiras the only one who could possibly pass as one :rolleyes: the other 2 tend to stick to country walks as they're a bit feral :lol:

13. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Done this, when Zipper was a puppy

14. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

I've always taken mine to the bank and post office and never had a word said :confused: If there isn't a "no dogs" sign up then as far as I'm concerned dogs are allowed in. Wouldn't take them into food shops regardless of signs but anywhere else I will.

15. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

We can go into the sorting office, but the actual post office is in a shopping centre :( Which dogs cant go into. Im pretty sure our bank has no dog signs, but im gunna have a proper look now!

16. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

dress her silly and pass off as a chihuaua:)

I just took Scrip under my arm, ask him to look cute... and we do the "handbag dog stunt"...it works!!!!:)

just my lil boy points to the signs with dog crossed out...but I explain the dog on the sign is black, robot-like..and nothing like Scrip;)....

PS I know I am naughty!:rolleyes:

17. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I'd need a large suit case as well. :D

I alway take Dillon into the bank, no one has told me to take him out yet.

18. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

I would love to take Lucky on my errands, I do take her in the post office though :)

When she was a pup I'd be sneaky and put her in my bag and smuggle her in places :eek:

We also stayed at a b&b for a night when OH was too tired to drive back home and I hid her in my bag (she was a pup and slept almost the whole time anyway) :D

19. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

ok deffo gunna check out the bank! i dont usually go to town for much other than that and dog shopping anyway, and she ALWAYS comes dog shopping :D

20. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

Take a proper look at the sign if there is one, the banks I've used have all had signs up but they just show a dog on leash so I've always taken it to mean dogs must be on leash. I may be wrong of course but nobody has ever said anything to me when I've taken mine in :D Well, nobody official anyway, other customers have occasionally grumbled about it but none of the bank staff have backed it up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice