Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I am such a townie

Discussion in 'Wildlife Chat' started by thedogsmother, May 22, 2010.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Just got back from Cornwall, we saw tons of rabbits and every time we saw one we all got stupidly excited and screamed "oooh rabbit":eek:, we even saw a black wild rabbit and I didnt even know they came in black:eek:, it was lovely to see so many as last year I think there must have been a myxi outbreak because there were virtually no bunnies at all. We even saw a deer and a huge fox and a flock of wild parakeets. All the locals gave us that look that is only reserved for townies every time we squealed over a newly spotted wild thing. We didnt spot the beast of Bodmin but I will keep my eyes open for him next time ;). I really really need a lottery win now though because all we have round here are cats and I need to move to Cornwall.

#1 thedogsmother, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
    srhdufe likes this.
  2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I've seen a warren with lots of black bunnies in it, don't worry about getting excited about seeing wildlife, I'm a country girl & still get excited when I see bunnies:)

3. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

I lived in the countryside for nearly 10 years and I got excited every time I saw a wild thing :D

I'm quite lucky at the moment as I live opposite an abandoned church and there are loads of birds and bats, saw a fox at Christmas. I say lucky because I live on a busy main road 5 mins from Manchester city center. Ooo and where I work its right on the canal and there are loads of geese families there at the moment :D

4. borderer

borderer Guest

i get excited when i see lots of rabbits:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

5. thedogsmother

meanie, rabbits are cute :p. What do you do with the buns you shoot bordie (sorry I just always wondered:eek:)

6. borderer

borderer Guest

i eat some others feed dogs and ferrets some go to butchers:thumbup:

7. BattleKat

BattleKat PetForums Senior

that's not that bad!

We had a bunch of townies who came on an exchange thing to our school and they DIDN'T KNOW what the sheep were because they'd been shaved, they thought we were having them on and kept repeating that "sheep are fluffy though!":lol:

We also had a kid from london who joined us just before the cross country run and she started really freaking out when there were some deer running along side us, she thought they were trying to attack us :lol:

8. thedogsmother

Fairy snuff :thumbup:.

9. borderer

borderer Guest

everyone has to learn:thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice