Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I am SO mad right now!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, May 18, 2010.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Even after half an hour to calm down, I cannot believe how incredibly STUPID next door are!!!! :mad:

Fraser threw a stick for bullseye, it got stuck down his throat and they couldn't pull it out.

So what did they do?? Ring the vet for an appointment and bloody waited half an hour!! WTF????

She went off an had a shower so she could go to work after, rang work said she would be late, He went off to work at the school.

Meanwhile Fraser was absolutely hysterical and had come to my door to beg me to tell them he ought to go right now.

But they had an appointment so what was the use going eary, really? :eek: :confused:

Meanwhile Bullseye could not sit or turn his head because it made him cry out in pain, I had to sit with him while she finished getting ready and get him to stand infront of me, fraser was still hysterical and making bully nervous and try and go to bed.

Now ok, his breathing was fine and he wasn't bleeding or anything, but what kind of an IDIOT goes off for a shower before taking the dog with a stick in its mouth to the vet??!!!

2. Becki&Daisy

Becki&Daisy PetForums Senior

That's crazy!! :scared: :confused1:
    I'd be straight down to the emergency vets! In my PJS if i wasn't ready!!

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

No wonder your mad.
    I'd of been straight down to the vets.

4. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Oh my. You definitely hve good reason to be mad!

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

They'r just back.
    Bulleye is fine, luckily.
    The stick had stuck behind his tongue an he has an ulcer there now, vet just sedated him and managed to get it out ok.

Maybe the little sh!t will take my advice and not throw sticks now! God knows I have been repeatedly telling him throwing sticks is a stupid idea for the last year!

6. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

NO WAY.....thats crazy isnt it
    xx

7. cat43

cat43 PetForums Member

poor dog, i hope the owners have a very long wait next time they need something treating...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

8. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Poor dog I would have rushed him straight to the vets forget the appointment. I'm glad he's ok

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I rush my dogs straigh to the vet if they need something other than 'normal' stuff. Dixie swalowed a lolly stick I was there as soon as nana picked me up. She broke her claw and it was hanging off, niping the quick, I left OH mum right then. Dave sliced his foot open I hung arond to wrap it in a towel and bag so as not to bleed in the car I was at the vets before the vet was! Lol!

Obviously some peoples dogs aren't quite as important as they should be :confused:

Saying that she did call in sick to stay home with the dog he was fery sleepy after the anaesthetic, kept falling over (while lying down).

10. jardine

jardine PetForums Member

Some people are unbeliveable, we had the same thing happen to our young newfie 2 weeks ago, i was just dishing out a roast dinner, and she came in with a stick wedged at the top of her mouth, everything was dropped to try and get it out. Then up the emergency vet to get it out, lucky for us the vet didnt charge us, apparantly he could have charged us an emergency call out charge of £150. Sadly our roast was spoilt but i did manage to salvage some chicken and veg for the dogs.

11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I dont think half an hour is excessive for some stuff. If I couldnt see all of the stick and it was impeding movement/causing pain Id be straight down there but for minor injuries I dont mind waiting.
    I once had to leave one of my cats with a bad leg wound overnight coz I couldnt afford the emergancy vet.:( It didnt look infected,wasnt bleeding and I clean and dressed it ready for the morning. It was just bad luck he came home the same time as my eldest cat who had been missing and appeared with his leg hanging off and rotten!!:eek: He won the fabulously expensive vet trip that day!!:D

12. moboyd

moboyd PetForums VIP

Cant understand the vet telling them they had to wait to be honest, if I phoned my vet and told them one of my lot had a stick stuck in its throat, they wouldnt make me wait for an appointment, they would say how soon can you get here, make it quick, I have turned up at my vets in my PJ's in the past when we have had an emergency, time taken to get showered and dressed is time wasted IMO.

Mo

13. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

It really confuse me too.. after losing there last dog to cancer I would have thought if there was something wrong they would be straight there!

Makes me mad to think one of my babies doesn't seem to matter very much.

Off subject but it also bugs me that they always let the dog food run out before getting more, ask me for some because they have run out, now because I have been geing them good stuff, they dont know where to get it so he is back onto crap food again. This week is the first time I have been so close to running out of food but I think given what we have been through recently thats understandable I normally buy a new bag when theres at least a weeks worth left.

14. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Poor bulls eye :( must have been scary for him

i dont understand why they would wait either. I'd be in the car on the phone to the vets saying i'll be there in a mo open your doors!

15. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

He was scared, you could see it in his eyes and every once in a while he tried to gag. His tail was so far between his legs it was practically touching his belly :(
    Also Fraser being hysterical didn't help, everytime he screamed at his parents to get in the car Bully tried to go to his bed. The parents made it worse ignoring fraser and I had to do my best to explain he would be fine. Course I had no idea if he would be, but to stop fraser screaming I said look he is breathing and isnt bleeding, and told him of the dog I helped when I worked in kennels when the stick actually came out the other side, and survived.

16. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

glad he is ok.

my dad is terrible for throwing sticks. i have told him a million times not to. he even encourages skye to chew them up!
    i think i might have finally got the message into him now though. hopefully.

17. JjPhoenix

JjPhoenix PetForums Member

have too admit id be right there too, not a chance of having a shower, even if i was waiting for the appointment (which i doubt) i'd be with him like you were!

18. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

why the hell did the vets make them wait half an hour?

I think people who are not as 'experienced' with dogs will often just take whatever a vet says as gospel and Fraser's parents obviously didnt think there was any need to rush because the vets were of the same attitude!

I am more angry with the vet than your neighbours, if the vet didnt make it seem like an emergency, the owners won't feel like it is one either.

I think if anyone should have learned anything from this is that they need to register with a different vet as this one clearly doesn't care enough!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice