Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I am so kitten broody right now...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Ren, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Well, animal broody in general really.

I would LOVE another kitten but as we rent it makes it a lot harder having two cats rather than just the one. Plus the OH is against having more animals. :glare: Have managed to convince him to get me an African Pygmy Hedgehog for my birthday though so that's a start. :rolleyes:

One day I shall have my menagerie... One day...

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I know exactly what you mean.I would love another kitten ,but Meeko may not agree,and I just cant take the risk.I have had "my menagerie"though,9 Afghan Hounds,3 rabbits,hamsters,gerbils,a rat,a chipmunk,mentally deranged crow ,one eyed pheasant,cats and a horse.So you could say I love all Gods creatures except,sometimes,my own kind :rolleyes:.

3. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Haha, wow Buffie that sounds like quite the family! :blink:

I know what you mean about Meeko. Sometimes I think Kazuki would benefit from having another cat to play with and they could entertain each other when I can't. But I also don't want to make him uncomfortable or spoil the relationship we have now, because he's perfect.

*sigh* I will have to make do I suppose, and prepare for the arrival of my hedgehog... But my birthday isn't til December! :cryin:

4. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I dont get that when people say my partner wont let me have one, if you share the house and you do all the work why cant you have another pet?

Although The partner has said no to me... and he still looks after them when im ill, his been on kitten duty and litter tray duty since IVe got out of hospital as Ive not been allowed to do anything, and he didnt even moan! :001_smile:

VIe told him Im keeping a baby he didnt even flicker a eyelid! His a good the partner lol :laugh:

Also raggies love company you can go down the route of it is actually easier with 2 cats, as they have eachother for play etc, and food/litter cost wise, well you dont even notice it!

5. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

It's not that he wouldn't 'let' me, he doesn't want one, but if I pushed hard enough he'd give in of course :lol: As I have said it's more the housing situation. If we move from where we're currently renting it's going to be twice as hard finding a place where two cats are allowed :p

6. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

its alot easier with cats than dogs with renting, just say you have one! its a half truth...plus they dont cause any damage, and everything is kept clean! my last place was rented and they said that we kept is cleaner than any other tennet! :001_smile: I think its more humans than pets that cause any damage!! :laugh:

7. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

I know what you mean I get animal broody all the time. My fiance used to keep me grounded in that respect. I would say awww looks at these kittens or look at these puppies and he would just say no way, of course i could talk him round :D If i don't learn self controll i can see that i might turn in to a crazy amimal lady. Mind you im sure he would want me to have some happiness right now and if that means a new addition so be it :D

8. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I would love a kitten or two especially a ragdoll but I haven't got the time to bring another baby animal into the house and raise it properly right now.

9. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

Precisely! We've got 5, but all I'll admit to is 2. 4 out of 5 hide when anyone comes over anyway. As TB says, as long as you keep it clean, nobody need be the wiser.

10. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

see its not a out and out 'lie' just a white one ;) and I find that people with pets actually clean up alot more due to hair/muddy paws/ litter/food etc etc

I actually think that all renters should accept pets, what with mortgages going up and the average home buyer now at 37!! Does that mean that no one can own a pet until that age? :confused:

Pay extra deopsit, say your clean on leaving etc, wont need to happens as itll be kept clean anyway!

I know that some say they are worried about mess/fleas, but as long as you show vet records that the animal is flea'd and mess is cleaned up, I dont see a problem, just wish most renters would see it that way to :(

11. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

I think there are some mighty dirty people out there. I once lived above someone who had 5 little dogs in a tiny apartment and she never bothered to housebreak any of them :eek:. Her carpeting, which was actually nicer than mine:mad: was crusty and stinky! But usually, if someone is like that with their pets, they're not too clean otherwise either and that's what a security deposit is for anyway---to cover any damages you leave behind, whether human or animal. Most landlords, around here anyway, inflate their own costs to make sure they keep your deposit, no matter how clean you are so I don't know why they get so wound up about a pet being around. If they honestly think someone is going to let their pet run amok and trash the joint, then that someone would probably trash it without a pet.

12. stoneandglass

stoneandglass PetForums Junior

Eek, I'm planning on getting a second cat after I move somewhere new, never thought it would be harder to find somewhere with an extra set of paws around. Why is this? Also I don't think I'd be able to lie as the breed I have my eye on is incredibly friendly so wouldn't be out of sight.

13. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

I have puppy/kitten brood so badly at the moment, not helped by seeing an ad for a black and tan cav pup but I really don't think Maudey would take to another animal in the house and being the stress ball that she i don't want to stress her anymore :( but the puppiy is just soooo cuuuutttteee :cryin:

14. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

The assumption is that the mess/destruction from pets increases exponentially with each additional pet. I've seen adverts that say "1 small pet considered".

I figure if the cat's indoors, unless the landlord likes to stop by a lot, there's not a lot of risk. But I'm devious about these things too :)

15. stoneandglass

stoneandglass PetForums Junior

I guess I can understand the logic if they've not had pets themselves, pretty annoying though! They will be indoor but my current cat likes to be where everyone is and comes to greet visitors and the breed I'm looking at is very friendly too. Hmmmmmmmm.

16. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i would love another kitty, other half isnt so keen, but im working on it.:D,;),,,,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice