Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

I am so fed up

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Rosie64, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

It doesn't really work out that much though. By time all the dogs have been collected, walked for an hour, dropped back home, it's likely to have taken more than 2 hours altogether. Plus fuel costs, dog insurance, van insurance.

Jenny Olley, kimthecat and lorilu like this.
  2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Crumbs yes! I wasn't trying to suggest that was a dog walker's net profit! I'm self employed myself and approx 33% of my income goes on expenses, insurances and the like. All businesses have business expenses.

The point i was trying to make was that the gross takings need to be sufficient to make it worth the dog walker's while - therefore to go in with an attitude of mistakenly thinking that the you, as the client, are providing employment for the dog walker and they MUST meet your requirements could have backfired. It has to be a two way street.Dog walkers are not likely to be able to cover expenses walking single dogs unless they have a high single dog supplement OR are very flexible and can afford to take a bit of a hit income wise for odd half hours. So they are only going to do this for very nice clients (like rosie!)

I didn't think for a moment that rosie was going to be the awkward, demanding client but some earlier posts seemed to be urging her to take quite a strong position in getting what she wanted.

Great to hear it all went well for Rosie and Chip!

#102 tabelmabel, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    NFC slave likes this.
  3. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Sounds like you have found the perfect person @Rosie64 :)

She wouldn't have taken Chip on if it wasn't going to work for her - she sounds very professional and I'm sure this will be a great arrangement for you all!

All the best xx

magpi, Rosie64 and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Aw I'm so pleased for both you and Chip! How wonderful that you've found someone both you and Chip like, she sounds like a lovely person :Happy

Rosie64 likes this.
  5. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I am so happy for you and Chip @Rosie64 xx

Rosie64 likes this.
  6. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

Thank you EVERYONE for your lovely comments and your support
    Only time and Chip will tell now if I have picked the right person I really hope I have
    she SEEMS very nice and certainly not doing it for the money , at only £20 a week it
    should be £21 for the 3 days but she is going to do it for £20 because it is not a fixed time I am willing to
    fit in with her other commitments. I am still nervous about letting Chip go off with a total stranger but
    not now as bad as I was before meeting her , hopefully that will settle down as time goes on .

7. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I can imagine it must be nerve wracking. But they won't be going far, and you will be right there, easily accessible if she needs you. It will be a great lark for Chip and he will always be coming home. She must be thrilled to have someone like you wiling to take an in between whenever slot.

8. Bugsys grandma

Bugsys grandma PetForums Senior

So so happy it went so well. She sounds like the perfect person for you and Chip.
    Dogs really are very good judges of character, as @DaisyBluebells OH said, and I'm pretty sure if Chip had got any sense that she wasn't a good person, he wouldn't have trotted off with her so happily.

Just bear in mind though,as has been said already, he may be a bit reluctant to go with her the first few times, when it means leaving you at home. He may be a bit concerned that you're not going with them, he won't understand initially what's really going on and will possibly be a bit worried about leaving you on your own, especially as you two are so close and spend all your time together normally, you are his world. Woody still gets a bit like that now, when my son, who he has known as long as he's known me,comes and takes him. Chip will cotton on will fairly quickly I would imagine though, that these outings are fun and that he's always coming back home to you.

I really can't tell you how glad I am that you've found someone. Now you can stop worrying that Chips not getting what he needs, and hopefully no more talk about re-homing !:)

fernlady, Rosie64, tabelmabel and 3 others like this.
  9. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Brilliant news xx

Rosie64 likes this.
  10. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

Thank you

@Bugsys grandma no, no more talk of re-homing , I think that was more the depression talking than me
    not being able to walk him had really got me down at the time .

11. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I think we all knew that XXXXXXXX

12. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

So glad to hear that you seem to have found someone for Chip!! Sounds really positive :)

Bugsys grandma and Rosie64 like this.
  13. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Can't wait to hear how today's first solo goes!

Rosie64 likes this.
  14. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums Senior

Good luck for today Rose64:)

Chip have a great time I don't suppose the bad weather will stop you having a great time

Rosie64 likes this.
  15. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

Thank you
    It is silly but I want him to be walked but don't want to let him go , how stupid is that lol

16. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums Senior

Of course you will miss him,I miss my three when my girls take mine out,the house seems so empty without them.30 mins will pass quickly the time you have made yourself a cuppa and a sit down your boy will be back:)

Rosie64 and rona like this.
  17. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Not stupid at all, you are handing your best friend into the care of a relative stranger.

Imagine if you'd rehomed him :eek:

Rosie64 and kimthecat like this.
  18. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I feel the same if Isla goes out with anyone, I worry in the back of my mind until she gets home. I’ve only let son, daughter and husband take her without me:D

Lurcherlad, Rosie64 and rona like this.
  19. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

Not stupid at all. I feel the same when I have to go out for the day and the OH has to walk Emma without me!!!

Wonder how he is getting on?

Rosie64, tabelmabel and rona like this.
  20. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

I'm exactly the same with my OH and Tilly! It's my mobile number on Tilly's tag and the first thing i do when he leaves the house is check that my phone ringer is ON!!

He hasn't lost her yet . . .

DaisyBluebell, Rosie64 and Siskin like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice