Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I am Really Nervous

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Rosie64, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

I have let my daughter take Chip to a field for him to have a run around off lead .
    I can not go with them it is too icy and slippery for me and this freezing weather is causing me too much pain .
    I do trust my daughter with him but I am so nervous at not being with him , she does not know him as well as I do and may not see the signs that he has had enough and is in pain .
    Chip is very stoic and will try and keep going even if he is hurting .
    I have only let him go because I have not been able to take him out for 3 days and he does love to go out .
    I just hope I have done the right thing, I am going to be on pins until he comes back

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Understandable to worry but I’m sure he’ll have fun and your daughter will be careful ;)

LinznMilly and tabelmabel like this.
  3. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Im sure you have done the right thing @Rosie64. And your daughter will be sensible

4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I'm sure you gave detailed instructions ;)

Are they back yet?

DaisyBluebell and lorilu like this.
  5. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

Thank you both for your reassurance

Yes I did give instructions lol Yes they are back they were only gone for half an hour and evidently he had a whale of a time
    and was very good on his recall , now he is back I am glad I let him go , he is flaked out on the sofa now .
    They are going to start taking him more often for me while the weather is so cold , when it starts to warm up a bit I shall be going with them :)

6. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I'm pleased he's still up for fun and frolics...........bet you are too :)

7. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Regular half hours while the weather's cold sounds lovely for both of you! Perhaps your daughter could take some videos for you while they're out, if it would help ease your anxiety? Some dog walkers do this with some dogs to ease owner anxiety, so it's a tried and tested type thing :)

DaisyBluebell, margy, JoanneF and 7 others like this.
  8. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Ooh that is a great idea! Definitely ask if she can take some photos or short videos.

I think little half hour jaunts are a good idea, and you will feel happier knowing he's getting a nice run around while you aren't up to taking him out.

9. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

Yes I am , he is not as active as he was and it is in very short bursts but given his problems I am glad of anything that shows he is still enjoying life
    Evidently he had a mad 5 mins when first let off lead then pottered about at his own pace just sniffing all the trees and bushes and leaving LOTS
    of pee mail .

She only has an old mobile and can't do video's but is going to take some photo's next time , didn't think of it this time

It is good for him to be on grass off lead it is far better for him , rather than the pavement walks that is all I can do , even if it is less than half an hour .

DaisyBluebell, Sarah H, rona and 3 others like this.
  10. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

How lovely and sounds just perfect for him. You'll know tomorrow if it the outings need to be a bit shorter. So glad your daughter can do this for you and Chip. Lots of love to you both from me and my senior girls. xxx

DaisyBluebell, rona and Lurcherlad like this.
  11. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Pavement hurts me, too. I have to walk on grass or dirt.

12. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

So glad Chip enjoyed his trip out, sounds like he had a lovely time stiffing around.

13. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

Aww glad he enjoyed his trip out! Sounds like he had fun with your daughter :)

DaisyBluebell likes this.
  14. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

Oh that great for both of you. Just sniffing about is good mental stimulation for Chip too. Think we can all understand your anxiety when he is out without you, I'm like that even when my husband takes Emma out without me! It's been so bad with black ice here the last few days it's even worried me going out so stay safe yourself till weather is better. Happy 2021 to you both. Woofs to Chip from Emma x

15. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I was like that with Amber I always walked her, then when OH retied he decided he'd start taking her out while was doing things at home, I couldn't really say no, but I was worried to death until they were back home.

After I had my stroke I was the same with OH having to walk Dillon.

I just didn't like them been out of my sight.

rona and DaisyBluebell like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice