Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I am no breeder- new cat owner.

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by xelizax, Dec 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xelizax

xelizax Banned

Dear all,

I have a female of around 8-9 months and a male of over 4 months at home. There have not undergone procedures, since they are both indoor cats. The two cats look very different. I will provide photo evidence below. After the first litter, I am will be neutering my male because I would like a litter of their kittens. I want a cream female or something along those lines. The others, I will send them towards adoption and find suitable homes for them.. Anyone would like a fuzzy 6 month kitten in their home, so why not?

If I were to show you my 2 cats, could you please speculate the likelihood of obtaining the desired female cloured kitten? The male will neutered afterwards and the mother will receive the injection contraceptive..

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

If you let the female get pregnant you ARE as breeder. It is in both their best interests to be neutered as soon as your vet will do it. And there is no chance of a cream female from those two.

Please ring your vet tomorrow and get them booked in.

3. xelizax

xelizax Banned

I think the reproductive righs of my cats are entirely my bussines and my bussiness alone dear lady. I find your comment insulting and unnecessary. Also, not related to the matter on hand.

Now,

The only comment on topic that you have made is that you are certain there are 0 chances of me getting a cream kitten. What about a rare mutation? There is never a 0 chance. have you been educated and known basic genetics;). However, what does indicate they have 0 chances of being cream and what coat colour would you expect out of these two? I am genuinely interested in your opinion.

Thank you in advance.

#3 xelizax, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  4. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

There is no need to add to the moggy over population. The cats need to be neutered asap.
    Visit a rescue and adopt a cream female instead.

O2.0, simplysardonic and LinznMilly like this.
  5. xelizax

xelizax Banned

Dear spotty cats, I am originally from Romania. Moggy cats can be just as loving, live longer than other breeeds, are well behaved and make overall amazing cats.I appreactiate you taking time to think of a potential solution, but this is not applicable here. We do not have cat shelters in Romania, nor do I have the necessary funds to get pedegree cat.I am also attached to me two cats. I am not a breeder, as stated above. I cannot just adopt a new cat and do.what with my previous cats? I need means to provide for all of them so they will not be lacking. I hope you can see where I am also coming from. I am a big cat lover.

So for the last time, what coat colours could I be expecting from my 2 beloved cats?---This is the only relevant, on topic question here, I hope you now understand why.

Thank you!

P.S The moggy kittens will find suitable home.There will not be stray cats so please do not express aversion to a poor soul simply because they are not pregree.Pedegree cats have been shown by research to be in much worse health than these moggie cats you are talking about. I am sorry to break it to you...

P.S.Please do not tell me to neuter my cats, as I have already stated, I will do it after their first litter and nothing in the world will change my mind. Let us have a civilised conversation. Thank you.

#5 xelizax, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  6. spotty cats

No one said anything is wrong with moggies, with over 95% of the cat population being moggies they make wonderful companions, however without health testing you have no way of knowing what they are passing on.
    Any pedigree cat conditions are also found in moggies.

As OS already said, if you breed the cats you are a breeder, a backyard breeder but breeder nonetheless.

Google easily locates animal shelters in Romania with cats and dogs for adoption.

O2.0 and LinznMilly like this.
  7. xelizax

xelizax Banned

I understand where you are coming from.Unfortunately, you do not understand where I am coming from.You do not wish to ever see a Romanian shelter...they abuse the animals there ( and the shelters you are talking about...they are for dogs...they can beaten up with a stick, until they blead out..and die.). Poeple are the true animals.

In terms of the vet, they both have Pet Health Care Books. Both my cats are up to date with their shots,,internal and external deparasitazion, etc, I do go the vet ever two- to three months as recommented unless something arises. I have provided photos..my cats are in excellent health, as you can see.

. But as I said, I a weary about neutering and I have my right to be, just in the same way you have to be pro-neutering ..

To be honest...I got the little white one at 6 weeks. He was all white, with blue eyes. I was told he was a female.I wanted to avoid neutering at all costs by getting two females but not I am stuck in this dilemma..

I cannot put my cat under the knife. To some of you, animals are inferior. You may convince yourselves that they have no maternal, or paternal instrict. But this has been proven wrong. A mother would do anything to protect her cubs. By neurering my cats, without given them the opportunity to have their own set of offspring, I would feel as if I have violated their reproductive rights and I simply cannot do it....I really wanted a cute cream female baby, but this all sounds as if I am looking for a unicorn in my country...:(

I find myself in a very difficult position. I am open to any suggestion than do not involve adopting from a non existent cat shelter or neutering any of my cat at this point in time. They are just babies. I would also like respondents to my pool, if possible.

Best
    xelizax

8. spotty cats

DNA tests for diseases are very different to having a once over by the vets.

Testing also tells what colour & pattern the male is under the white, and what the female carries.

No one on this site would ever say animals are inferior, what we do dislike is negligence- not spaying & neutering, irresponsible breeding.

Jansheff, O2.0 and LinznMilly like this.
  9. spotty cats

If you can't afford inexpensive DNA tests then you cannot afford to raise a litter.

Not that it has anything to do with the responsible keeping of cats, but many of us have absolutely no use for our ovaries :D

10. xelizax

xelizax Banned

Are you genuinely saying pets are a luxury only for the priviledged my dear? Come to Romania. Everywhere in sight there are at least 10 stray dogs and cats starving to death. It is not your fault you do not understanding these things.. You are used with a good live, unlike the majority of heplanet. The upper comment displays ignorance in my eyes. Ignorance is bliss.

As for the lower comment, I laughed so hard.:) You are funny. I agree with you on that one....but this would be our personal choice, as human who can speak for themselves, and it does not apply to the animal world..

11. xelizax

xelizax Banned

Please, anyone with experience in breeding, could you please tell me of an average of 5 litter.. (if they will even..) What could I expect in terms of the kittens coating? The mum and the dad are like Daylight and Night time.Both of them have green eyes. I am very confused...
    How rare are mutations in cats?

Kind regards,
    xelizax

12. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

The chances of a mutation are almost zero, and you might need several to produce a cream female

spotty cats likes this.
  13. spotty cats

Goodness gracious you are determined to twist things aren't you.
    Breeding responsibility costs money, raising a litter costs money, owning pets costs money.

As we don't know what the cats are carrying we cannot answer as to what you'll get aside from brown tabbies.

LinznMilly and O2.0 like this.
  14. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

@xelizax you show your ignorance with every post.

Every thread belongs to the forum - not the individual member who posts it. This means you have no right to tell people what or how they can or cannot reply.

Closing this now.

ETA:. It is against forum to rules to open a thread that's about the same subject as one that has just been locked, so please don't open another discussion on breeding your cats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice