UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I am, in fact I don't know where to begin....

I have a funeral tomorrow, no one close just an old aquaintance of my husband.
So earlier I dragged out my old faithful outfit ( just for funerals ) from the attic stored in a trunk. Its a beautiful WOOL MIX 2 piece BLACK suit :mad:
I meticulously spend an hour pressing it, inside out with a damp tea towel. I take it up stairs placed on the bed all ready for tomorrow morning....

I pop back down stairs to let the dogs in from the garden, and remember I need my scarf and gloves for tomorrow also, I wander back up the stairs to find BOTH my cats Loulou & Libby curled up on my suit and had even scrunched the suit up to make it more comfy....... :mad5:

CAN I GET THE HAIRS OFF.............:mad2::mad2::mad2:

parcel tape..... Sellotape....lint brush..... nothing....

It will be a tweezer job, won't it?

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Yes I am, in fact I don't know where to begin....

I have a funeral tomorrow, no one close just an old aquaintance of my husband.
So earlier I dragged out my old faithful outfit ( just for funerals ) from the attic stored in a trunk. Its a beautiful WOOL MIX 2 piece BLACK suit :mad:
I meticulously spend an hour pressing it, inside out with a damp tea towel. I take it up stairs placed on the bed all ready for tomorrow morning....

I pop back down stairs to let the dogs in from the garden, and remember I need my scarf and gloves for tomorrow also, I wander back up the stairs to find BOTH my cats Loulou & Libby curled up on my suit and had even scrunched the suit up to make it more comfy....... :mad5:

CAN I GET THE HAIRS OFF.............:mad2::mad2::mad2:

parcel tape..... Sellotape....lint brush..... nothing....

It will be a tweezer job, won't it?
And the photographic evidence of our beautiful Libby allegedly being naughty is where exactly?????

Always quick to tell us what mischief she has been up to but always SOOOOOOO slow to prove it!!! :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Now THAT is just plain old bad manners. It does sound lovely and warm though - I bet they jumped onto that suit patting themselves on the back at having an owner kind enough to buy them SUCH a luxurious new blanket!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Now dont go blaming the cats again!! Any 'proper' slave knows that you should NEVER leave anything in reach of their babies if they dont want it ruined :D

And no 'proper' slave would post without photographic evidence of the gorgeous Libby and Loulou curled up on said garment!!

Now stop complaining and get the tweezers out! :D

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
You've just reminded me of something - about a 150 years ago when I had more than 10 minutes a week to myself, I had a thing for very expensive lingerie. I once did a big spring clean and handwashed all of the particuarly delicate pieces in my little collection.

I hung them out to dry on the line in the summer sun and about half an hour later looked out of the spare room window to see our cats at the time, Charlie and Baloo jumping and 'catching' my undies off of the line!

It was ALL completely shredded, I think its hilarious now but at the time I was really upset :incazzato:

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honestly, I come back to my thread in the hope's of having some sympathy.... but what do I get.... Lovely Libby and how lovely my suit must have felt to my cats...lucky cats....... I give up ;)

no photographic evidence I'm afraid, somehow I couldn't muster up the soft voice to say " awww what a super picture that would make" ;)

And you won't be getting one today either, as I will be too busy with the tweezers! :p

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
you weren't planning on doing anything for the rest of the day were you????????

that reminds me - I have to do the same thing ie press a suit for funeral. Bet that'll be covered as well :D

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You've just reminded me of something - about a 150 years ago when I had more than 10 minutes a week to myself, I had a thing for very expensive lingerie. I once did a big spring clean and handwashed all of the particuarly delicate pieces in my little collection.

I hung them out to dry on the line in the summer sun and about half an hour later looked out of the spare room window to see our cats at the time, Charlie and Baloo jumping and 'catching' my undies off of the line!

It was ALL completely shredded, I think its hilarious now but at the time I was really upset :incazzato:
:lol::lol: that made me laugh

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some of you may like to know I have finished tweezering....my suit is currently wrapped in cling film waiting in the car...:p

it has been the best Sunday I have ever had.... ;)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
and the lesson learned here.... DONT leave your best clothes lying on the bed... or anywhere that is within reach of a cat....:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.