Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I am helping bond 4 rabbits...

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by hazyreality, Nov 28, 2012.

1. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

on the 16th December :)

I have a customer who has 4 single rabbits. 2 boys and 2 girls, all done. The boys live seperately upstairs (free range half a day each) and the girls live seperately downstairs (free range half a day each)
    I stayed with them for a week while they were on holiday and there is no aggressive, dominant behaviour between the ones in the same room at all when the other one is out, so I am hoping it will stay that way!

We are going full on crazy and bonding the 4 singles in one go rather than into 2 pairs and then a group :D One of the rabbits has gut stasis about once a month anyway and with any extra stress, so I expect to have problems with him but they have metacam, metaclopromide and protexin in anyway, and I will get them to get some "treat" foods for him to keep him going :)

Its taken her about a month to pluck up the courage to ask me to help her as she is worried about it, bless her.

I am going to stay with her on the Saturday all day and then I will be at the other end of the phone on Sunday. Hopefully it will be quick as she is back at work Monday - they pop home during the day.

If it hasn't settled by then we may need to wait until the new year when she can have a couple of more days off, I have told her that I normally set aside 4 days for mine :)

So fingers crossed everyone that Funky, Stuart, Kimi and Ginny are a happy group before christmas :)

*Heidi*

#1 hazyreality, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Best way IMO ;)

Good luck, sending bonding vibes when the time comes :)

3. hazyreality

Yeh, in mine too but she thinks I am CRAZY! :D

No, I'm not crazy - "hello little pink elephant floating accross the room....":sosp: what do you mean no-one else can see it? :confused:

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Hmmm not sure if you do have an amazing job anymore this would be bloody stressful, will be so worth it to see them all together though

Sounds like shes has a good vet and is pretty clued up too.

Hope it all goes well

5. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Errr I see it too :001_unsure:
    Hmmm :dita:

6. hazyreality

Yeh, she has fallen into the "love them too much" trap a little and is a bit too protective :p She unfortunately got lulled into the "excel fibre fib" and had 2 with mucky bums so I gave her some A&P to try and it cleared up no problems :) She now has them on A&P :)
    She is very clued up when it comes to gut stasis though, thanks to Funky, they were close to spending £500 a month at one point on him.

*Heidi*

#6 hazyreality, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  7. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Hoping that the bonding goes well x

8. SammyJo

SammyJo PetForums VIP

Good Luck :eek:

9. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Well good luck with that. you are a braver person than I !!

10. Louiseandfriends

Louiseandfriends PetForums Senior

Sounds like a good challenge. Good luck! :D xx

11. Lopside

Lopside PetForums VIP

Waves at elephant!! Yooo hoooooo!

12. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

wrooooonnngggg.... if your helping her on the saturday your helping her on the 15th not the 16th. i only know this because the 16th is my birthday and its a sunday this year hahahaha

had to be said -crawls back under rock-

on a serious note though, good luck with the bonding, i too would go for the bonding them all together in one go method :)

13. Tao2

Tao2 PetForums VIP

Good luck, keep us posted when you do it. I too was nervous about mine fighting/getting stressed but am so glad I got my 3 altogether. Now it's so cold is lovely to see them all snuggling up together. Thanks again for all the great advice.
    Tao

14. hazyreality

Lol, I originally text her Sat 11th then had to text again saying whoops no its the 15th. Apparently I cant get my dates work.for December lol

15. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

Hope it works!

I wish you could come and do my bunch :(

16. hazyreality

I would do if you didn't live at the other end of the country :)

*Heidi*

17. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I have this vision of you waking up at her house on Christmas day lol

18. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I can update.:D..I have decided to bond Kimi and Ginny this weekend as Heidi has texted me to say she is free. Girls than will be bonded with two new rabbits.Funky and Stuart will be bonded together and they will stay upstairs they won't be joining the group.

Girls will be bonded with two bunnies I am getting next week from RSPCA:)two English rabbits...

I am just sitting and keeping eye on my girls and My Kimi is bit naughty girl ...she starts all fights...but is not that bad. I am going to have folded bed tonight in my utility and will sleep with them;) i am well knows as a rabbit freak...i should have put that as my nick name:DNext weekend the same story as I am going to pick up two boys and bond the group. Oscar and Billy (I think I will change Billy name to something else not sure yet what) are two brothers who have been neutered and they are leaving together so hopefully process of bonding with my two girls will be easier.

Funky and Stuart have had their first bonding session last night and today morning and they have behaved really well I thought.

I have seen Heidi's little gang and first they are so adorable. I love Netherlands and hers are really really cute as is Rascal and others. I wish my would be so happy around each other:confused: hopefully they will.rascal and kimba are super cute:)

I know lots of people would say it doesn't matter size of bunnies to bond them but my little Funky went through so much and I don't want to put him on extra stress. He lives with Stuart in one room for last 4 years and finally I am coming to decision that this two need to become friends:D Funky is the boss of the house...we just earn money hahahahha....plus he is same size as Stuart so it is easier for me to bond them...only because I worry that if Kimi goes for them she might do lots of damage to them. Ginny is very relaxed bunny she probably could be bonded with any rabbits as she just cannot be bothered....only things which might trigger her is her food...;)

19. hazyreality

Well hello Funky, nice to see you on here Aga :)

I was just coming on here to give an update! Maybe the guys here will be able to help you pick a new name for Billy aswell.

Let me know how its going tomorrow, I am just at the end of a phone x

*Heidi*

20. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome Funky - I hope it all goes well!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice