Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I am gunna have SOOO much fun!! Purina are coming to college!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, May 15, 2010.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

OMG this is gunna be so fun!!! I was told yesterday that next friday we are having a talk from someone from Purina!!!!

At first I said Im sorry Im gunna have to go to the library during that, i cant listen to their bull. But the tutor said maybe I should stay and make it interesting! :D

So I have done a little research... and come up with 6 questions so far:

1. Why do you feel the need to feed cereals as a main ingredient to carnivorous animals?

2. Why is real meat rarely used in your products? Why are meat and animal derivatives used instead?

3. All of your dog foods contain EC additives. Why do you use EC additives when they are linked to cancer in dogs?

4. Why do you add vitamins and minerals to your foods? Is it because the ingredients are too poor a quality to provide all the necessary nutrients, or because ingredients which dogs need, such as real meat, are not used?

5. How do you name the products? For example, Beta Chicken and Rice, is only 8% of the ingredients stated (chicken and rice), would it not be more truthful to name it Beta Cereal and Derivatives.

6. How can you justify how much you charge for what is basically cornflakes and chicken feet?

Feel free to add any questions ;)

2. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

LOL @:no 6 - i will be watching this thread to see what they say.

3. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

Wow - what a fantastic opportunity! I love question 6.

Please, please remember to let us all know how it goes - I would love to know what sort of crap excuses they come up with.

4. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Their answer to all: to make it cheap and affordable.

The real answer: because they don't give a $h!t!!

5. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

having dealt with reps from several companies such as this, they have an answer for everything.

should be an interesting session for you though. make it nice and awkward :)

we had a rep from pedigree that used to come in a few years ago and he was the most brainwashed individual i have ever met.

6. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

May be an idea to have your mobile on record too......be interesting,Have fun!

7. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Ha! Take one of those recording mics and record it all!! Loved your questions :D Especially no 6 =]

8. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I would love to ask them why they add colourants to their dog foods when they must know dogs are colour blind??

I think the answer will be ..... ''to increase sales and look appealing to the human customer because we care more about making money than the animals'' :lol: :D

9. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i cant wait to hear what the rep says, have fun ;) :thumbup:

10. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Ohh wow, can't wait to hear their responses!!

11. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Oh i am gunna have a right laugh :D

Gunna video it on me fone :lol:

12. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

it will be very interesting to see what they have to say to those questions lol

13. Rhi and Cai

Rhi and Cai PetForums Junior

Lol! Good luck, the questions are great!

Beta Cereal and Derivatives ...sounds tasty :lol:

14. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I really want to know the answer as to why they charge so much for a food full of fillers!

Go for it girl, can't wait to hear what they say :D :D

15. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

He he go for it! I think you should stay especially if you are prepared to ask such searching questions good on you. I asked some well known pet food companies (cat food) why they could only have their food made up of 4% meat and 'animal derivatives' when Hi-Life could manage 60% fish in theirs... I didn't get responses.

Put em on the spot I say!

16. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

They'll come up with crappy excuses like dogs are really meant to eat cereals/fillers/additives after all they've adapted to it now and can't eat real meat :rolleyes:. I had a fun discussion with a pedigree rep once poor guy. Tried to convince me that dogs aren't wild animals and therefore don't need meat and dear God I feed him raw he's so vicious and will attack me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice