Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I am ashamed for that!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by bibicos, Sep 16, 2012.

1. bibicos

bibicos PetForums Junior

My Small (small inside inverted commas, is five years old and seventy kilos) :mad: caukasius shepherd, will not eat his food by himself. Three months ago, when his dish fell down while he was eating, well since that incident accel will not eat his diner by himself.He goes near to the food smels it , tastes it, but will not eat.I have to hold his plate so he will eat.
    If i leave it on the stand dog will stepn back smell it but not taste it or eat it.
    Any ideas?

#1 bibicos, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

Erm just leave the bowl on the floor, and take it up after 15 minutes. Tough love is needed he won't starve himself he'll get the idea that he needs to eat his food on his own

3. Modwyn

Modwyn Guest

Like Pogo said leave it on the floor for 15 mins then take it away, or pop his food onto a small table sans bowl or plate and see if he will eat then and make sure it's not in the same place as the incident happened.

4. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

take it out of the stand..use a different dish and place in a different area..

5. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Two suggestions spring to mind - leave the food on the ground with no bowl at all. Or, change his bowl and his eating place to somewhere else. Obviously he has been frightened by his bowl falling over and is scared to relax enough to eat in case it happens again. There is no real reason why his food has to be in a bowl, is there? That is just to make us humans feel better and keep things tidy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice