Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I always thought it was an act......

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mrs phas, Nov 23, 2021 at 12:55 PM.

1. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

The affable fool,
    Joking and stumbling out of most crisis' with a smile of a naughty schoolboy caught stealing from the tuck hamper
    The non threatening person in control,
    If it can happen to me it can happen to anyone
    With tousled hair and a just got out of bed, rumpled look

That he had read the people and came to the conclusion this is what people liked, trusted and wanted in a leader,
    That underneath he was ultra intelligent, shrewd and very very cunning, I actually quite admired him for being such a con artist and getting to be leader of the UK, with such a historic margin
    Not that I'd ever vote for anyone in such a poisonous political party (oooh! look at the alliteration, Go me:Happy)

But now, it seems, the act, is total reality, and that we stand alongside America, in voting for the biggest con artist, ever, as our leader
    After all, what else could have driven him, whilst giving a speech to the heads of commerce, to tell a story about visiting Peppa pig world, compare himself to Moses and do brmm brmm car impressions‽
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59373237
    Surely the man poses a risk to the public, the internal commerce of the country and our trade opportunities throughout the world
    Has the leader played the fool so often, that he is actually now the fool in reality?
    Does he not realise that, those laughing, are laughing at him (and so us) and not with him ?
    Has the man no integrity at all?
    Do the people who are, supposedly, realise where he's heading
    or, perhaps,
    being more cunning, than a cunning fox, on a deeply, dark, cunning, night, and letting him dig his own hole deeper, so they can swoop in like the avengers and oust him?
    Who, honestly, are going to want to enter into trade negotiations with us, if they think we're being led by someone that is sectionable

2. willa

willa PetForums VIP

I’ve rewatched that speech so many times, just to make sure it actually happened.

My 2 year old Niece talks about a Peppa Pig, maybe our PM should be in a nursery class instead lol

Jacknmack10 and LinznMilly like this.
  3. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

It could possibly be 'Baby Brain' and hopefully pass. But yes, it's pretty dire.

kimthecat and LinznMilly like this.
  4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

A lot of what was said was in refence to what others had mentioned. They weren,t all off the cuff silly comments, they were attempts at humour.

Seems something that's woefully lacking these days

kimthecat and SusieRainbow like this.
  5. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I agree . I wish he wasnt our PM and my MP but to be fair , he must be pretty exhausted . How many PMs have had to face the stress of such situations leaving the EU and Covid in a first term.

rona likes this.
  6. mrs phas

Oh I have a really good and sharp sense of humour, when humour is used in the right places and context
    Neither of those criteria was met imo
    Industries, at the moment need to believe in strong ties and forward momentum, to help the crawl out from under covid and br***t (the word that shall not be mentioned outside of its own thread)
    Also
    People in general need to believe in a strong leader, not one that has a history of outright lying, backtracking and protecting his cronies, above all else

I suppose we should be grateful he only compared himself to Moses, and not God, although I'm pretty sure his ego would've wanted to

7. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

And yet I meet women with various caring responsibilities who are trying to run their lives and all appear very eloquent and on a crumb of the salary that this idiot has for running the country, a job. he elected to do... Perhaps his wife was out working as rent-a-royal or working out ways to swizzle the tax payer and he didn't get any sleep as she was looking at wallpaper patterns.

Jeremy Vine makes an interesting or alarming read depending on what you think about engagement when running the country or how one defines genius (or arse licking)
    https://reaction.life/jeremy-vine-my-boris-story/

#7 MollySmith, Nov 23, 2021 at 6:06 PM
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021 at 6:17 PM
  8. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Maybe one has to go to Eton, not give a rats arse about image, or being respectful of the welfare of the country and have the baseless immoral wankery to assume that forgetting (probably on purpose) a few lines of a very dull speech comprising lies, that we'd all be distracted from the social care bill last night. Funny how he acts up when something big that affects the welfare of many is going down in Westminster isn't it?

Anyway what on earth are we meant to 'forgive' him for? Whom has he screwed lately? Perhaps it was the behaviour of his odious father?

9. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

I met a cat today called Boris the Bastard. That did make me laugh, in fact I'm still sniggering.

Jacknmack10, Pawscrossed and mrs phas like this.
  10. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I like to think I have a good sense of humour but I must not be getting the joke.

Just a few weeks ago he was trying to change parliamentary rules to stop the suspension of someone who had broke the rules.

This government reduced UC meaning thousands of families will have to rely on food banks this Christmas. The majority or policies leave the poorest worse off. They were all set not to feed children last summer until Marcus Rashford stepped in.

He didn’t become PM by accident he could step down if he finds it to much with a new baby.

11. mrs phas

We don't know who would've coped better, or worse, because we didn't have any choice in the matter
    He moans that he can't manage on a PM's wage, being around ⅓ of what he was earning as an MP and journalist with his own column
    He chose to have another child, whilst not only being a broke PM, but, allegedly, steering the country out of the EEC AND dealing with a pandemic, I say alleged because without his lying bulllplah, I believe we'd still be there and no one couldve made more of a farce at the begining of the pandemic than he did
    And
    it's not Iike he's dealing with a pretoddler and pregnancy, at the same time, not only has he got the barbie doll wife, he's also, probably, got a team of nannies, to make sure he gets his 'beauty sleep' and we know housekeepers and cooks come with the job

Personally, even though she was (is‽) another Tory, I would've liked to see Ruth Davidson in charge, if we had to have a Tory government then I, personally believe, she would've made an excellent, down to earth, say it like it is, PM, which is probably why she wouldn't be considered as leader

12. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

True though he won the last election . Shame Labour chose to stick with Corbyn they might have won without him. :(

Yeah , that was mean :mad:

mrs phas likes this.
  13. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

All PMs have had with house keepers and nannies etc. Im sure he does get a lot of help with his family but apart from his personal life , just being PM with all the extra crisises as well as Covid and leaving the Eu , theres been afghanistan , terrorist alerts plus the recent Climate thing, that must be nearly 24/7.

I dont think its fair to call Carrie , his Barbie doll wife. if a man said that there'd be hell to pay. She does a lot for animal rights.

14. Pawscrossed

Pawscrossed PetForums Senior

Looking at what’s coming out of Number 10, I don’t know if someone did it on purpose. If he was always on point, it would be easy to blame, yet judging by the link @MollySmith has shared, it seems to be habitual, and disrespectful.

I cannot see any humour it in. So many people have lost loved ones, income and genuinely worried about being/staying in business that if he was attempting to be funny, it’s wholly inappropriate.

Silly, stupid man.

Jacknmack10 and mrs phas like this.
  15. Pawscrossed

Isn’t Peppa Pig, she? It’s been a while but I’m certain I’m right.

kimthecat likes this.
  16. Pawscrossed

Goodness! Are you Carrie by any chance?!

17. mrs phas

Sorry, we shall agree to disagree (which doesn't seem to happen often, at least in public:))
    I have very little respect re either of them, as they both knew he was married, when she 'gave in' to his advances (albeit a marriage that was already rocked by his numerous affairs)
    Imho, those having extra marital relationships, are beneath contempt, and deserve all mud that's thrown their way
    I know that sounds pompous and judgemental, but it's a personal opinion
    Yes, much better if two unhappy people divorce, than stay together,
    but,
    at least respect the marriage until such time as it is done
    Plus
    such a 50s cliche, secretary/pa marrying the boss, to get a foot on the socialite ladder, she so craves

Jacknmack10, JANICE199 and kimthecat like this.
  18. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

@MrsPhas. All I can say about married men is dont fall for My wife doesnt understand me and Im getting a divorce . :oops:

I like Carrie but must admit she has dreadful taste in men.

mrs phas and rona like this.
  19. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

the Health and Care bill passed through Parliament tonight and PeppaPig was a distraction.

#PeppaPigGate

#19 kimthecat, Nov 23, 2021 at 11:40 PM
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021 at 11:49 PM
    Jacknmack10 and mrs phas like this.
  20. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Ewee YUK..........not my type
    Silly private school boy
    That,s what he is still, never having lived in the real world, he has no idea
    of the struggles of normal Brits. Lack of knowledge does not make him bad.
    Beware Starmer......now he knows exactly what he is doing, insidious smarmy man....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice