UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oscar is missing. Neither me or my H have seen him since friday so today is day 6 :( I always knew he was my problem child - first the tail incident and now this. I can't help but think the worst, he's super friendly and has a terrible habit of following people and even jumping into cars. Last night me and my mum went around the whole estate putting up posters and posting leaflets through every door but I feel like its a lost course. He is most definitely trapped, stolen or dead as if he was around he would have at least popped his head in back home. I'm hoping that if someone local has taken him in, that the posters will make them think twice or at least contact me. And the leaflets asks people to check their garages/sheds so hopefully something will come of it. The thing is, I know he wasn't 100% happy here so if he had adopted someone else and was happy, I'd be ok with that, I just want to know that he's ok. A bit of a pointless post but wanted to share with people who understand.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hope you find him soon. Our old cat once went walkies for 2 weeks and we found out he had been staying with an old lady a few roads from ours. Don't give up hope. *Hugs*

·
Dad to Puss Puss and Shadow
4,844 Posts
Sorry to read Oscar is missing. Have you put up posters and tried your neighbours asking them to check their garages, sheds etc. Hope he returns soon

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
When Harry went missing for just over a day, I went around to every neighbour and made them open their sheds and garages whilst I was stood on the doorstep :blushing:

Turns out he was shut in a shed of a neighbour who wasnt in when I went around, and he came home safe and sound later.

A neighbours cat got locked in an empty house that was for sale for a few days after wandering in for a viewing of his own when the estate agent was around. Do you have any empty for sale houses near you... Worth a shot?

I hope he turns home safely. I know how you must be feeling ((hugs))

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Oh, what an awful thing to happen.

Bibi was gone for 10 days and was found in someone's garden less than a mile away. They had been on holiday and were feeding badgers and foxes in their garden (with dog food) and Bibi went in to eat the dog food. She was very disorientated, and didnt recognise me (I'd only had her a couple of months)

I put posters at road junctions, because I knew that people drove into the estate as a whole via the road junctions.... This was how the houseowner recognised her, I hadnt leafleted that far away as it was across a road that I thought Bibi would have been too scared to cross.

The time she went missing, I hardly slept or ate. It was awful. You are in my thoughts and I hope he pops up soon

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Oh no :( Sorry to hear this :(

If he is a friendly cat, he may have just wandered into someone else's shed and be locked in there. Have you asked to check neighbour's outbuildings?? :confused:

If a cat is shy or wary of strangers, they won't be so likely to wander into someone's shed or house, as they will be wary of the smell of people they don't know. He could just be being cared for by someone, I really hope he is.

He must be quite a distinctive cat, as I remember he had his tail removed, so I am sure anyone who has seen him would remember. I really hope you get some response to the leaflets and posters.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
i know how you feel because my cat bryan has been missing for nearly three weeks now. i live in a rural area though so i think he's got carried away chasing mice at one of the nearby farms though when i've asked, no-one's seen him. fingers and paws crossed that oscar turns up.

·
Registered
575 Posts
So sorry to hear this. As well as posters, I would keep knocking on people's doors. Gatsby was gone for 8 days but had been locked in a neighbours house whilst they were on holiday. Hope it's the same for you, but most people were incredibly nice when I knocked on doors and asked to check their gardens etc. Kx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.