UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ads normally say that the Queen must be brought to their home, I don’t want my Queen to get stolen so what’s the best way to go about this?

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
As above your mentor should assist you, using free ads is not the way to find a boy. Leaving your girl with the stud is normal.

Have you shown your girl, made connections with other breeders for help and support? Do you know what qualities to look for in a boy to (hopefully) improve the next generation?

your other thread mentioned surrendering a cat to rescue due to anxiety and using low income vets. Breeding will surely add to anxiety and is very expensive to do properly.

What breed is your girl, has she had all the breed required tests done? Registered as a breeding cat? Full support of her breeder to advise and guide?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just so you know, PDSA won’t help you if your cat needs an emergency c-section. You’ll need to go private, and that can be a few grand out of hours.

The current kitten “market” is overflown. Even reputable breeders are worried about finding suitable homes for their babies, and I’ve seen registered kittens being sold for £300-400 in some cases.

There’s no money to be made here.

·
Shunra Oriental Cats
15,553 Posts
Just so you know, PDSA won’t help you if your cat needs an emergency c-section. You’ll need to go private, and that can be a few grand out of hours.

The current kitten “market” is overflown. Even reputable breeders are worried about finding suitable homes for their babies, and I’ve seen registered kittens being sold for £300-400 in some cases.

There’s no money to be made here.
You would have to sign her over, then they would help her. But several grand out of hours is right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts