Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hypoallergenic foods

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 12, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I currently feed Dave Wainwrights Puppy Large Breed. He is doing well on it, nearly at the bottom of the bag. But due to my non researching it properly (went in search of a junior food, forgot that a better quality puppy food would do ok) I picked one my local pet shop cannot order in!

So I am considering changing him onto something I can get here, as it will prob be cheaper and can get it delivered.

I pay £29 for a 15kg bag of Wainwrights. Can anyone advise me of a similar food that is not limited to PaH?

x

2. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

ive just order CSJ food called "that'll do" £28.75 i think for 30kg of food bargin! seems very good by the ingrediants hopefully it will be or the dogs will be hungry lol

They do a few hypoallergenic ones CSJ Command Performance - CSJK9 Ltd.

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

If you can afford £50 of pet stuff at a time, then P@H will deliver for free.

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

It's not the delivering bit, as we shop in morrisons in that town anyway... But my oh says £30 is alot of money. I said it's not, compared to alot of stuff, and he needs it because he is growing.

If I can find a better deal (just about to have a look at that link) then I will go for it, otherwise I'll stick with what we have.. I have never been one for chopping and changing foods , so whatever I decide to get, he will be on until he needs adult :)

x

5. Demon

Demon PetForums Newbie

Try H-Allergen, available on line from Pet Planet, which is in your area.
    I have tried samples on my dog and it is great: my first order should arrive soon, so I will post an update when I have given it a proper trial.

6. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

We saw a stand at a local country show/fair thing

Trophy Pet Foods

They sound good. Got some samples for Koda to try.

7. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

8. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I pay £11.99 for a 7.5kg bag of gluton free puppy food. It is the petshops own make Penparc. My lot have done really well on it and their chicken mince.

9. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Skinners hypoallergenic duck and rice is around 20 quid for 15 kilos, and is also free of maize which is present in CSJ and autarky. Some dogs don't digest maize at all well. The Skinners is VAT free, there is also a salmon and rice (£25) with glucosamine added. My dog does very well on Skinners.

10. Jacinth

Jacinth PetForums Junior

Hi All

I've been following the posts with some interest as I find JWB expensive and my puppy seems hungry since I switched him to Adult. I've followed AlphaDog and went out today and bought Autarky. Can't believe it's half the price!:001_tt2: I'll see how my dog gets along with that.

11. Demon

Demon PetForums Newbie

My dog has been on H-Allergen for 1 week now and is doing great. He always has been a healthy dog, with a good coat, so it is difficult to see any real improvement in just 1 week but, for sure, he looks great and loves the food.
    My opinion has always been that you get what you pay for: I was in Tesco's last night and they had a complete food for £11 / 15Kg. The description on the bag sounded great but the meat content was 4%; H-Allergen is 29%!

12. wiccan

wiccan PetForums Senior

we use this with our 2 staffie and used it 4 our jack russel that had allergiys and they all do realli well on it ! They deliver and supply other things like treats couldnt recommed them enough :D

13. Roo

Roo PetForums Member

Whites Premium........hypoallergenic , gluten free, chemical free, additive free, no nasty preservatives.....brilliant food. My 2 Border Terriers love it.
    My local supplier in West Yorkshire Holmfirth Bailey / Homepage ( brilliant service & free delivery ) or Whites Premium Dog Food

14. Demon

Demon PetForums Newbie

3 weeks on H Allergen and i'm really pleased: his coat is gleaming, full of vitality (sorry, sounds like an advert!) and he has lost a little bit of excess weight as well: it is, in my opinion, great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice