Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hyperactive thyroid on Thyronorm 5mg/ml oral solution

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Catlington1, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Catlington1

Catlington1 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

My cat Maise who is around 14/15 years old has been on the above medication since July last year. Over the past months the dosage had increased from 0.25mg to 0.75mg. The last time the vet did a blood test with Maisie she said her T4 was stablised within the normal range and that blood test would only be required every 6 months which is due in March.

Maisie has now gained back weight from 3.3kg in July to currently 4.1kg and for her size, the weight is good. I am just concerned that she is still drinking a lot of water some days and recently she yowls a lot and loudly without known reason. Does anyone experienced similar issues? I noticed she seems to have lost some hearing since Christmas. She used to be scared of the sound of the hoover but I don't think she can now hear much at all. I wonder if the medication have such known side effects.

Any comments/ thoughts highly appreciated.

Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice