Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hutch size

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by gloworm*mushroom, Apr 9, 2011.

1. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

I have the opportunity to take my boy in for bonding with a female french lop at a local rescue some time in the holidays. I am really hoping to find him a friend.

I am unsure of my boys breed, but he is roughly 2kg. What size hutch will I need if I do manage to bond him with the french lop (currently a baby but I know these get big!)

They are indoor rabbits but will have regular access to an outdoor run and if they bond they will have full run of my living room most of the time! Just wondering for sleeping quarters :)

Martha x

2. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

what about a 42" dog crate with some run pannels around it for when you arent around?

failing that a minimum of a 6 x 2 ft hutch, i have 2 frenchies, they are big chunky monkeys :lol:

3. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

I have a 6x2 at the mo so if it goes well I could go with that until I could get something bigger, the dog crate sounds a good idea actually, never thought of that!

4. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Yeah 6 by 2 minimum...or the dog crate. Or a shed/wendy house maybe? There are q a few on ebay under £100 at the mo on ebay! I have two mini lops in an 8' 6' shed...though they may end up sharing that soon :D

5. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

i know bernie has a really good dog crate and run pannel set up for her german lop at the moment, im sure she wont mind me stealing a picture to show you

[​IMG]

6. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

omg that looks so bare now :eek:
    That pic was taken mins after it was first set up, now it is filled with toys :tongue_smilie:

(Just for reference that is a 48" dog crate with a 3.6kg German lop in it :D)

7. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

thats what i ment, mind full of other stuff atm

8. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

6x2 is too small for frenchies :) a wendy house/shed would be the best.

Seen some amazing conversions, they can look so pretty in your garden and often cheaper than hucthes :)

9. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

6 x 2 is absolutly fine as a base for house rabbits, even if one is a frenchie, how on earth do you expect some one to fit a shed inside their house :eek:

10. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

lol i skim read and didnt realise they were house buns! Someone had mentioned sheds so thought it was an outside set up! :eek:

11. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice