Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Husky puppy lost or stolen from Bude Cornwall

Discussion in 'Lost and Found Dogs' started by CoCoTrio, Mar 26, 2013.

1. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

She's not my dog, but I've been passed the details, so I thought hopefully a PF member can help. Poor Ash. :(

The text below is copied from Find Ash | Facebook where you can see lovely photos.

Fingers crossed!

:)

Ash, our beautiful 6 month old Siberian Husky puppy was taken from Rosie's Kitchen in Bude on Friday 22nd March at 3.30pm. PLEASE help us find her. Any sightings or advertisements please call 07966 579873

Description

PLEASE help us find our beautiful six month old Siberian husky bitch Ash who was stolen from the car park of Rosie's Kitchen in Bude on Friday 22nd March at 3.30 pm approx. She was wearing a brown leather collar with a disc printed with our mobile phone number on it 07966 579873

She matches the following description (and please see photos):
    -Beautiful ice blue eyes.
    -Black outer coat with white undercoat showing through.
    -Striking symmetrical facial markings: dominantly white face with black eye lines, badger stripes and black edging to her ears.
    -Her nose has a very identifiable symmetrical pink butterfly shaped patch on black.
    -Her tail is mainly dark with the tip looking like it has been dipped in white paint and the very end tail hair a bit scraggy.

We are concerned that she could have been taken anywhere in the country due to Bude being a tourist location. She could have been taken to sell on or simply to keep as a pet.

So PLEASE help us by looking out for:

1. ANY ADVERTISEMENTS for a six month old husky bitch matching the description above

2. Anyone SUDDENLY ACQUIRING A 6 MONTH HUSKY PUPPY UNANNOUNCED, especially if they have been away for the weekend

Ash is very distinctively marked facially so is hard to miss - PLEASE look out for her

She is very friendly, intelligent, well-trained and immaculately behaved so it seems unlikely that someone would find they couldn't cope with her and pass her on for rehoming, which is obviously even more concerning.

If you have information that might be able to help us, or any advice on how to proceed, please contact Paul mobile number 07966 579873 or email [email protected]

She is very much adored and very much missed. We would do anything to have her back.

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Have you posted her on the website dog lost?

DogLost - Reuniting Lost Dogs With Their Owners

Also any stray or found dogs, are under the jurisdiction of the local council dog warden. In case she is turned loose or escapes from whoever has gor her
    and sibes can be escape artists, Its worth lodging her description and details with the local dog warden or even surrounding area council dog wardens.

Battersea dogs home have a lost and found data base website too, sont know if any of the local large dogs homes in your area operate the same sort of data base?

Other thoughts maybe take out an add in local papers in the area and surrounding area.

Put up laminated poster in the surrounding area in case someone saw anything or knows anything maybe.

Also there are, weekly dog papers like Our Dogs and dog world maybe contact them too and put an add in that she has been stolen there is often notifications in these of stolen and lost dogs.

Maybe also contact vets in the local area too, to lodge her details especially if chipped, and maybe even put posters in the vets most will let you put things on their notice boards. Pets at home too usually have a notice board or they used too.

3. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Thanks so much for your thoughts SDH, I've passed a link to this page to Ash's owners so they will be aware of your good advice.

Hope there'll be happy news soon. :thumbup1:

4. Sled dog hotel

I really hope she can be found or someone out there knows anything.
    It may even be worth although there is tons of the for Siberian Huskies trawling through the free ad websites that sell dogs any puppies you never know they may be worth keeping an eye on.

Please keep us updated.

5. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

From FB...

'AS A DIRECT RESULT OF THIS FACEBOOK PAGE AND THE HELP AND SUPPORT OF YOU ALL, AT 7:30 PM LAST NIGHT INFORMATION ALLOWED THE POLICE TO RESUE ASH FROM WHERE SHE WAS BEEN KEPT ... I DROVE DOWN IMEDIATLY AND AT 11:30 PM WAS REUNITED WITH HER ...... SHE IS WELL AND WITH ME NOW ... WE ARE GOING TO CALL INTO BUDE ON OUR WAY HOME ... I CANT EXPRESS ENOUGH THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED US IN THIS NIGHTMARE AND WILL WRITE MORE ONCE HOME .... MUCH LOVE AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SHARED / LIKED AND MADE THIS HAPPEN ... PAUL AND ASH ... XXX'

Happy day! Thanks again SDH. The internet can really be a wonderful thing! :biggrin:

6. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

So pleassed to know this pup has been found safe and well:)

7. Sled dog hotel

I am so glad she has been found and reunited with her owner what a relief!!

8. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Yes. Today is a good day. :biggrin: It sounds like it was a theft so here's hoping that the police can prosecute the thieves too, whoever they are.

9. I love springers

I love springers PetForums Senior

So glad the puppy has been found and reunited with the owners :D

10. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Just seen this on Devon & Cornwall Police FB:

'Man arrested over missing dog, Bude

A 24-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of theft in connection with the disappearance of a Siberian Husky puppy in Bude.

Six-month-old Ash went missing from Crooklets car park on 22 March. She was recovered by police in St Austell on Tuesday 26 March.

The suspect, from Bude, has been bailed until 4 April.'

https://www.facebook.com/DevonAndCornwallPolice

:)

11. Sled dog hotel

So glad they have caught him, it could well not have been the first incident, dog thefts are on the increase all over. After all the anxiety and heartbreak and worry he caused I hope he is charged.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice