Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Husky/Malamute

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by john melia, Feb 7, 2019.

1. john melia

john melia PetForums Newbie

hi looking for some advice regarding a 1yr old cross husky/malamute , he belongs to my daughter who also has a St Bernard , they do not get on too well together , and the situation is causing stress and anxiety to all the family .
    The husky/malamute , is very sociable , loves kids ,( he lives with three young boys ), but he is not receiving the attention he really requires .
    So initially my inquiry is ..... how would i go about finding him a new home , where he'd receive the
    attention and exercise he needs . At present because of the situation with the St. Bernard he is kept seperate .
    i tried posting a pic of him but for some reason it wasnt allowed and was classed as spam ??

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Member

Whereabouts are you located? First option would be to contact your local reputable rescues and also see if there's a local breed club who will know of breed rescues for Huskies/Malamutes.

3. john melia

john melia PetForums Newbie

I'm in the northeast of england , and thank you i will try that

4. Ian246

Ian246 PetForums Member

If you had him from a puppy it's possible the breeder might take him back (but don't get your hopes up because it's not likely) - or they might be able to advise on a suitable rehoming/rescue charity. I found this one, but I have no idea of their reputation.
    https://www.sharerescue.org/
    They are supposed to be UK-wide.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice