Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hurtta Pro Raincoat.. Stuck.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SLB, Aug 22, 2013.

1. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

I need help.

We're getting the dogs a Hurtta Pro Rain coat each, but on the sites it says to measure 5 different things; back length, neck line, chest, waist and inside of the front leg.

But then when it comes to checking out - it just says Size something - so how do I know what size my dogs are from these 5 measurements.

I'm hoping someone on here will know..

2. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

#2 bearcub, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  3. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Oh so by the looks of it, I just measure the back?

They put some random breeds for the sizing don't they..

4. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Yeah, I though a Komondor was a type of dragon.

5. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Dreadlocky dogs. :)

6. Nat88

Nat88 PetForums Senior

I bought our coat from Crufts, so just took Sybil's back measurement (from her shoulders to her tail) with me. The coat is quite adjustable but it is on the roomy side. My dog is very slender with a deep chest so the coat we bought is quite big on her. You should get a pretty good idea of the size you need from taking your dogs' back measurements.

7. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

I read somewhere else to round up for hanging tails and round down for upright tails. So I've got a 50, 60 and a 65 on it's way. Hopefully I've measured right - if not I've made sure to order from a stockist close by :)

Would you mind posting pictures of your dog in the coat?

8. Nat88

Nat88 PetForums Senior

I can't remember if I got her a medium or a large :eek: I've looked on the coat and it doesn't say. However, hope these pictures help you get an idea of the general fit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like I said, hers is a little on the big side but at least she stays dry :)

9. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Sorry GS, going to have to wait a bit. OH ordered them and they are waiting on Pen's size so have held the order back till then. Which is good in one sense as the road should be done, but rubbish in another because it's raining today and I wanted to try them out.. big kid, new toys. :p

Oh and for anyone looking at them and thinking - eek bit expensive.. I found them cheaper: http://www.viovet.co.uk/Hurtta_Dog_..._find=140450&gclid=CJWukuuFk7kCFWOWtAodsg4AkA

#9 SLB, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  10. IncaThePup

IncaThePup PetForums VIP

Here's JJ in his I got him the 55cm as they are funny length wise cos theres a curve in at back and the neck doesn't seem to stay high up, but if got any longer it be miles too big in body as it is already..especially the flaps on back legs when he does the 'collie crouch' they are nearly touching the floor! ..but I was worried smaller size wouldn't fit length -wise if he had filled out alot more by next winter!

[​IMG]

just incase it is severe freezing weather like minus temps over winter, we could fit an equafleece tankie or something underneath as its only the thin raincoat.

11. IncaThePup

IncaThePup PetForums VIP

sorry its done the gigantic photo thing again!!!! :eek:

12. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

I only need it as a thin raincoat :) Pen's the only one who feels the cold so if it gets bad then I can put her jumper on underneath it. Just hope their harnesses fit over the top now :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice