UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its very wet and windy here today!!

We are on a Tropical Storm watch, and getting the outer bands of Hurricane Sandy.

The wind is eerie, apart from the normal sounds of heavy wind, there is like a constant heavy rumble in the background -almost like the sound of a train approaching the platform in the Underground - its quite spooky :eek:

We were going to go back to Key West for the evening, but as we were coming back over the 7 Mile Bridge to go to the Turtle Hospital, the wind really picked up. The bridge is kind of like a rollercoaster, where it goes up so high you cant see over it.....

The car was being buffetting a lot, the rain was so heavy you literally couldnt see, it was like a firehose pointed at the windscreen, and we also had hail - really big hail :yikes:

I was terrified :cryin:

Anyway we are back at our house now, and think we will be staying in for the evening :D

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
wow, that sounds awful! But at the same time it must be amazing to experience it :eek:

I hope you are safe and that it passes soon, how long is it expected to last?

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Is it bad that my first thought wasn't to be concerned about your safety, but "You're still there? Jammy git!"? :p

Seriously though, it's kind of cool that you'll see it, but make sure you know which table to dive under! :D

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
i suvived tropical storm bonnie and hurricane charlie lol :)

keep inside and stay safe and enjoy the show, il always remember the lightning im even slightly jealous :)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Holy cow! That has to be scary!:eek:

I've survived tornadoes and hurricanes, however, no matter how many of any of these you've been through, it is still scary. I think the worse things to be in are earthquakes or tsumis because they are so unpredictable, whereas with hurricanes and tornadoes, you have at least some warning.

Right now, it is in the low 60s (degrees Fahrenheit) where I live right now at just after 3 AM my time (Eastern). The weather people are calling for possibly a little bit of snow and some high winds on the mountains and ridges in my area, if and when Hurricane Sandy passes close by us! :(

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Its very wet and windy here today!!
You're always wet & windy Hilda!!! What have I told you before about overdoing the baked beans!!!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

We are on a Tropical Storm watch, and getting the outer bands of Hurricane Sandy.

The wind is eerie, apart from the normal sounds of heavy wind, there is like a constant heavy rumble in the background -almost like the sound of a train approaching the platform in the Underground - its quite spooky :eek:

We were going to go back to Key West for the evening, but as we were coming back over the 7 Mile Bridge to go to the Turtle Hospital, the wind really picked up. The bridge is kind of like a rollercoaster, where it goes up so high you cant see over it.....

The car was being buffetting a lot, the rain was so heavy you literally couldnt see, it was like a firehose pointed at the windscreen, and we also had hail - really big hail :yikes:

I was terrified :cryin:

Anyway we are back at our house now, and think we will be staying in for the evening :D
You just be keeping yourself safe girl, d'ya hear me!!!!!! I don't want no shenanigans from you or D going outside to get an 'awesome' picture or similar ok. :nonod:

Be good, be careful and get yer pair of scrawny asses home in one piece.

Big hugs babes

xxx

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Keep your heads down and be safe and as MB says no pics!

Fingers crossed it be burning itself out before it gets to you

Poor souls in Jamaica and Cuba that lost their lives - thoughts are with them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.