Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hunting for ...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by candysmum, Mar 31, 2011.

1. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

Puppies.

I remember how hard it was when i found candy looking for a dalmatian puppy that wasn't 300 miles away. I was getting to the point then that i would start looking for my second fav breed the breed i grew up with. Labradors.

Now dont get me wrong i dont mind traveling but i can't go too far north.

Its like it again now there is nothing anywhere. I have contacted breeders close by either not planning a litter just had a litte rhtats gone or not got back to me.

I hate this part! lol I don't like waiting at the best of times but if i found a pup and had to wait until it was 8 weeks thats fine i'd know one was coming.

Big sigh.

2. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

lol how do you think i feel? I am 2nd on a waiting list for a litter of ridgebacks where mum hasn't even come into season yet :D:D it's killing me i'm so d:Darn puppy broody it's scary!!! I see the wait as a plus so i can save up for toys, collar/lead, vets etc and work with Tummel until he's doing the best he can(he does try bless him but he can be so stubborn!!!), in the meantime i'm going on a walk tomorrow with 3 ridgebacks and Tummel, joining the RR club of Scotland for their spring walk and going along to the clubs open show all in the next month to really get a good idea of just what this breed needs(tums a crossbreed so don't really have a full picture of ridgebacks....got a good idea though!). Also i get to meet my breeder at the club show with all her ridgebacks and Tummel to see how he gets on with mum to be :tongue_smilie:

Seriously though, you'll find a pup when it's meant to be found :) good luck on your search!

3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

4. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

No i want another Dally. But down here they are so far and between, i might look at labs too. However would prefer the Dally. I think there are about 5 breeders close by (well when i say close that an hour drive) I did find a littler taht was 2 hours away but she only had a boy left. Gutted, as the pups were reg she gave me all the parents details and told me all her dogs were endorsed i thought i'd hit the jackpot until she said only had a boy :( She has kept my details incase someone backs out though. but i can't see it happening :(

I would love to be on a waiting list at least i knew one would be coming at some point! but i haven't even got one of them! lol

has to be young as candy wont accept an adult dog,

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Welfare have a Liver and white girl 10mths, rehomed due to be left on its own.
    There is also an 8mth Male, and a 1yr spayed Lemon spotted female. I didnt go through all of them, these seem to be the youngest in the ones that I did check through. Dont know if these are too old??

6. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

Thank you Have looked, 10 month old candy might see as an adult due to being pretty much adult size. I'm not in a rush even if i do hate waiting! lol

Haven't seen the lemon one on there?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice