Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hunted. Did anyone watch?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RockRomantic, Sep 11, 2015.

1. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

The new series Hunted on channel 4?

It;s basically people taking part with the country's best detectives who have to hunt them down and the participants have to hide for 28 days but cannot go abroad. Each were given £800/850 in their bank account.

I was yelling at the tv to that Emily lass!

I don't think I could do it, i'd give it a good go, but the detectives go through your accounts, your house and everything to get a profile of you and I think I've always been quite open about places i'd like to go and stuff.

Or i'd get a tent and stay in the middle of no where. I was actually surprised at how much the detective's can actually find out, at the beginning all they were given were city they lived in, name and date of birth, next thing they were in their facebook accounts, emails etc

Don't usually get into tv series reality things but i think i'm hooked on this already!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/feat...new-manhunt-reality-show.html#~pnZJkhpjAQ1mgv

JenKyzer likes this.
  2. Blaise in Surrey

Blaise in Surrey PetForums VIP

I really enjoyed it :)

3. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

I'm going to watch it later tonight on catch up the advert I saw got me interested so see what I think tonight :)

4. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

So with £800 cash all ive gotta do is vanish for 28 days?

I could do that easy

dump the car/phone/laptop/credit cards/bank cards, get on a bus, then a train, then a ferry, Ireland here I come, walking across from the North to the South, where there are no checkpoints.....

5. saffysmum

saffysmum PetForums Member

I watched it this evening. I couldn't believe how slack Emily was being! :Banghead I know that she missed her child, but she was totally putting herself and her friend at risk of being caught! That GP, Ricky was a pretty smart guy. I think he may just make it ☺

LinznMilly and RockRomantic like this.
  6. Little P

Little P PetForums VIP

Just watching it on catch up now. If I could live my life again, I'd love to be a detective, so this is right up my street!

If I were a contestant, in the hour to escape I'd buy a train ticket with my debit card to Scotland or somewhere, then just pop back and hide in the neighbours attic for a month. They'd never find me then! :D

7. Blaise in Surrey

Blaise in Surrey PetForums VIP

You clearly have a good relationship with your neighbours @Little P :Hilarious

8. Little P

Little P PetForums VIP

We're on first name terms. I also looked after their dogs once at short notice. All 5 of them. They still owe me a favour in return!

JenKyzer, LinznMilly and RockRomantic like this.
  9. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

calm down anne frank haha, thats actually quite a good idea. although you've now wrote it on here you'd have to do something else :D

I'd possibly get a friend to do silly transactions for small amounts at cash machines in a town while i bugger of after withdrawing a fair bit of it

LinznMilly likes this.
  10. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

I KNOW!!!! Her friend was more relaxed than i would have been.

11. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

RR, I hold you personally responsible. :Pompus :Bored I watched it out of curiosity after reading your OP and have now, not only got myself hooked, but told my family and they're going to watch it too ... I hope you are extremely satisfied with yourself? o_O :Hilarious

That Emily ... Proof that a person can be both intelligent and stupid at the same time.

RockRomantic likes this.
  12. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

I'm very satisfied, I feel like a child than has passed on their exams :') #achievements

I dunno, i pitied her at first, but why would you do that knowing for how many days it's for and knowing you will have to leave your child. Then the second time she phoned i was like 'seriously, what you doing.'

saffysmum and LinznMilly like this.
  13. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

Another fan here :) we loved it.

I couldn't believe how offended the lady got (out of the 2 who were 'caught') she was really off hand - it is just a TV game after all !

Looking forward to future episodes :)

14. Little P

Little P PetForums VIP

I imagine the adrenaline had been flowing for a long time though - can kind of understand the reaction, although they were pretty stupid!

RockRomantic likes this.
  15. Little P

Little P PetForums VIP

Ah, I see they'd log in to PF and know where too look. Definitely cannot do that then. Better think of another plan...

(Wink wink, double bluff!)

RockRomantic likes this.
  16. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

I think tiredness mentally and physically would be my downfall.

Hope that Doctor does it!

saffysmum likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice