Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hungry cat

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by xxxnickixxx, Oct 13, 2013.

1. xxxnickixxx

xxxnickixxx PetForums Senior

My 2 yr old cat is fed butchers classic but seems hungry some days he is hit and miss with it other days he will go thru a full tin .....
    Any ideas should i change food

2. gentoo1980

gentoo1980 PetForums Member

Does he go out doors? My cats don't always eat the same amount each day as depends on the amount of exercise and also some of mine willl find food elsewhere. My Bebe used to go back to the shop that fed her raw meat for extra meals when I first took her in.

Fed her last week and she threw it all up as somehow managed to swallow a cooked bone from a chickens rib cage which was bigger than my index finger.

3. Satori

Satori One of Life's Winners.

I think most cats are a bit hit and miss but I imagine that, if Butchers is all you feed, he'll get bored sometimes. Butchers is not a bad food at all but it does have a lot of jelly and to be fully satisfied he will need to get a lot down him. In any case, a rotation of different foods is always a good idea.

The problem is that Butchers is really good value for money so just about anything you add to your rotation will take your daily feed cost up. Amongst the best value alternativs are Bozita, Natural Instinct and Nurriment. ( the latter two are raw so you will need a bit of freezer space).

4. xxxnickixxx

xxxnickixxx PetForums Senior

He goes out odd times but when he in he like to lazy about lol

5. Jonescat

Jonescat Don't do nothing. Do something.

How big is he? I have biggish cats that can eat that much on hungry/ cold/active days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice