Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

HUMIDITY Nightmare!

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by Victoria93, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Victoria93

Victoria93 PetForums Newbie

I have a 10month old corn. He’s ready to move into a bigger enclosure as he’s out free the one he’s in now.

The viv I’ve bought has a large heat mat, led strip lights, bark hides and aspen bedding.

For some reason I can’t get the humidity down. It’s been standing for about 24hrs now (haven’t put him in as I’m not keen on the idea with the humidity being 70-80%)

I’ve tried airing the viv out, opening a window and changing water bowls but still nothing .

If anyone has any advice or has had this problem before then pleaseeeeee reply with an answer. I’ve been to our local reptile shop and we’ve done everything they’ve said but still nothing.

Attached Files:

2. Acidic Angel

Acidic Angel Your ego does not surpass your pets wellbeing

Are you using a digital hygrometer or dial one?

That humidity does look very high.

(P.S. You just joined three snake groups I admin on Facebook! Small world.)

3. Victoria93

Originally we had t set up in the middle room (where we dry clothes) not even thinking that would be a factor (idiots) I know. We’ve just moved the enclosure into the front room, moved some furniture to get him in. The humidity has started to dropped now. And we’ve moved the reader to about 2inches off the base. We’re using a digital one.

Oh really? Which one are you admin of? I’m just posting everywhere so I can give him the best care that I can. I’ve not owned a snake for a very long time and as you can see I’m rather rusty ‍♀️. But very trying!

4. Acidic Angel

Ahh, yeah. Drying clothes would contribute a fair amount. I've been following your posts in the groups.
    I admin Corn Snake Owners UK, Corn Snake Owners - Worldwide and Snake Owners Worldwide :)

5. Victoria93

And the the humidity has spiked again. Honestly I’m losing my bloody patience with it. I just want him to be happy in his new home :(. But I’m not willing to put him in until the humidity is sorted as I don’t want him getting ill.

6. Acidic Angel

Sorry for the late reply- It could be your ambient humidity is a bit high at the moment?

7. Victoria93

His old enclosure has spiked to around the same humidity now as well. I honestly don’t understand why. But he seems fine in himself and happy? It’s stuck on 74% at the moment.

What do you mean by ambient humidity?

8. Acidic Angel

Your room humidity, as in the atmospheric humidity :)

9. Victoria93

It’s never been a problem, I don’t u deratand why all of a sudden it’s being like this!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice