Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hugo acting strange, any ideas??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sligy, Nov 27, 2012.

1. sligy

sligy PetForums Senior

Ok so i have been trying to explain to everyone why it is really important Hugo does not jump up to grab sticks or balls when people are playing with him. Most people get it and make him sit to have his ball chucked. Some people dont see the need and now all of a sudden he has started jumping up again.
    Today in the field i decided i would do some training with him. I was making him stay, then walking the length of the field and doing a recall, sit and then chucking the ball. I find when he is really hyper its the best way to get his attention.
    Well after i had done 2 of those we just played a game of ball, i was asking him to sit to get the ball chucked and this was not a issue. Then out of no where he decides he is going to ignore me. He sat and faced the other way so he could not even see the ball. I decided i would walk the field and do a recall but he continued to sit looking the other way.
    Is my dog trying to tell me he does not want to play any more ball games. It was such a odd thing its been bugging me all day, i keep wondering what it was about. Any ideas???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice