Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Huge slanging match - still shaking now

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by alphadog, Jul 3, 2009.

1. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Some of you might remember me reporting a local elderly man to the RSPCA for striking his young border collie with his walking stick and then trying to capture him in the act on my camera.

Well, I've just seen him do it again! I hollered at him from a distance and then went storming over saying he'd hit that dog one to many times infront of me.... long story short but it ended up in a huge row, shouting at the top of our voices, I'm suprised people didn't appear from nearby houses

I asked him if the RSPCA had been out to visit and he said no. That was it, that was my breaking point. I very nearly hit him (I'm ashamed to say, because he is old - picture an aging Janette Crankey with a profound limp and you'll have a pretty accurate mental image) I warned him that if I ever see him so much as waft his stick in the dogs direction again I will take the dog off him.

Back at home and I let rip at the poor woman on the RSPCA helpline. She was great but it's out of her hands and up to the local inspector unfortunately.

I'm soooooo angry and I'm shaking like a leaf. Now I have to go to work and I'm going to be the grumpiest old bag in the room. Please, someone say something to cheer me up before I leave!

2. rona

rona Guest

Proud of you :D:D

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I can't think of anything to cheer you up other than to say well done, I wonder how many people have seen him hitting that poor dog and just walked on without saying anything.

4. animallover111

well done for standing up to this man does not matter what age he has no right to hit a dog :mad:

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Well done you!

6. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Fan dabby dozzy:thumbsup:that what the cranky's used say:D

7. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

well done you, people like that should not have a dog

8. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Thanks guys. His age is not an excuse but I have my morals, even if he doesn't, and clonking him would've made me the baddie :mad:

lol that made me laugh!!! He really does look like Jeanette Crankey, it's quite disturbing

Gotta dash to work. Enjoy the tennis x

9. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

10. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Well done you!

11. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Good on yah
    Well done :D :D

12. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh dear :( Sorry I don't know what to say, things like this make me so angry :mad:

13. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Well done you, I hope the rspca actually get off their buts and do something to help that poor dog!

x

14. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

Well done you! it takes alot to do that,

The RSPCA wont' do anything unless there is a tv camera there filming their heroic work, cos its all about publicity to them!

Izzie

15. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i agree well done hopefully the rspca will actually do something

16. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

well done you, like someone else said wonder how many others have seen him do this and walked on by. It took courage to do what you did. Lets hope the RSPCA will do something.

17. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

The dog is being exercised, has shelter and I presume food and water, there's nothing they can do without catching them in the act :(

18. mickyb

mickyb PetForums Senior

Good for you, I have done the same, gets you mad doesn't it, Last week I reported a chap for running and kicking his dog, which was on a lead held by his wife, must say, the rspca inspector did go out and tell them they are being watched, I get into more trouble for screaming at people who ill treat dogs, (think I must have been a mongrel in my past life lol)

19. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

Well done!! Id of done the same! Some people just shouldnt have pets! I have to say when i reported a neighbour for keeping a horse tethered up in there kitchen, yes you heard me right , a kitchen (its quite a sort of funny story actually, maybe i will tell you one day lol) the rspca came out straight away , although maybe it was because of the hilarity of it all , they just had to see , i dont know.:eek: oh there were more than one of us neighbours that phoned them too, maybe you could rally support from other neighbours on this?

20. odenna

odenna PetForums Newbie

if u didn't stand up to the man and help the dog who would i hope this gets sorted
    from jo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice