Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

HUGE deadline tomorrow...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Flissy, May 12, 2010.

1. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

and I've just cut my finger really deeply :(

I was trimming some work with a metal ruler and scalpel and it jumped the ruler and went through my finger instead :eek:

I had to lie down and not look at it as blood makes me feel faint :D luckily my bf was there to put a plaster (or several) round it but it hurts so much and i'm worried it will need stitches although im probably being paranoid :p

Also my bf just told me that part of my finger might fall off???? :eek: :crying:

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

That's what bf are for! To support you in times of need and uncertainty and to always have a kind word to say :thumbup::lol::lol:

Just keep your finger up and hopefully you will be fine for tomorrow! Probably will hurt and pulse like mad though :(

3. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

yeah it hurts so much :( at least its stopped bleeding now i think

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

He loves you then :lol: How deep is it. They dont usually stitch fingers, they usually use Micro pore butterfly stitches and put them across the wound to hold it closed, you can get Micro Pore from Chemist and it dont cost alot, cut some strips and put across the wound and put a bandage around it if it is that deep. Keep it clean though. Wash in some antiseptic and water and dry, then put the strips on, you can also us plasters but they always fall off. If it is really deep then go to the hospital so they can see it,

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Hope its not the middle finger then pmsl :lol: :lol:

6. rona

rona Guest

Oh cut his hand and didn't think it was too bad :rolleyes:
    He can't drive or grip for 16 weeks :(
    He cut through a tendon :eek:
    Get it checked

7. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

ow! I'm worried now!

8. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

don't panic. just go get it checked.

My sister sliced her finger off using the slicer some years back....had to go to A&E. she still has the finger - it wasn't as bad as she made it out to be.

9. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

i sliced the top of my finger off a few years ago - just go a an e -they glued mine back on :lol:

10. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

I think i'm ok... i had a look and it doesn't look too bad. I can't go to a&e anyway its too far and i don't drive! But I think it should be ok hopefully... not sure how i'll get my uni work done though! :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice