Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

huge bone

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by kenla210, Jul 2, 2009.

1. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

So we have a permanent farmers Market near us, and I was in buying some nice sausages for our tea, and thought I would be a bit cheeky and ask if they had any bones for dogs. He gave me a huge beef bone (ribs I think) which he had cut sirloin steaks from! :D
    I've never given raw bones to daisy before. Should I just give her the whole thing? Should she have this instead of dinner? Not sure...:confused:

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Im not sure. Last time i gave mine lamb ribs we had vomiting and the runs for a couple of days.

What dog have you got? Do you think shes capable of eating the actual bone, or do you think she will just have a gnaw on it?

Mine sometimes have beef knuckles, but those are just as something to chew on, and not as meal replacements, as they eat very little of them.

3. kenla210

She's a cocker spaniel. Just gave it to her in the end, let her have a good gnaw, it's back in the fridge now. Fingers crossed it doesn't disagree with her!

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

You'll know by morning :)

5. kenla210

:eek: :eek: fingers crossed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice