Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Huffs, puffs and sad eyes

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, Apr 12, 2011.

1. rona

rona Guest

After his super day out on Sunday, Alfie seems to think that he could do with that every day :rolleyes:
    I'm getting the works to make me feel guilty :(
    It's working too :D

What does your dog do to get your attention and make you feel guilty?

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Millie does huge exagerated sighs. Proper huge breath in then exhaled very loudly, she always makes sure you hear it and watches for a reaction after!

With Makita we are not sure yet but he is very vocal and does 'talk' which always get our attention. :D

3. bobbyw

bobbyw PetForums Senior

I always get a head rested on my legs with sad eyes looking up at me. Or he'll sit across the room staring at me with his head tilted to one side. Oh the guilt.

4. rona

rona Guest

What are they trying to get you to do?
    Mine just wants to go out for a walk all the time

5. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Rupert comes and sits on me. Sometimes he wants a cuddle other times he wants his dinner :rolleyes:

I'll be on my laptop or something and he stands next to me and slowly slinks up so he's across my arms/lap and if I ignore him he licks my face because he knows he's not allowed to do that and that it will get a reaction, naughty boy :nono:

Sometimes I think he likes being told off. He will go and nick something he knows he isn't meant to have. He then comes up to me swishing his tail in a look what I've gotttttttt kind of way. If I ignore him he lies down in front of the fire place and pretends to eat it until I give in and get it off him :rolleyes:

I don't think he's ever asked to go for a walk. Just food. And the odd (rare) cuddle.

6. bobbyw

bobbyw PetForums Senior

Hmm, not sure really, I have always assumed he just wants some attention or more likely, a biscuit! Half the time he seems to just like it if you talk to him (saying nothing in particular obviously, just general chatter).

He probably would like a walk all the time, but he forgets he's knackered so would get down the road and be tuckered out already after his morning romp in the park.

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

If I am on here, Dixie randomly walks by and licks my elbow (I never wear a jumper in the house) or Dave will come and stand next to me and put his head on the laptop or on my arm!

If Dixie thinks she ought to have a walk she paces backwards and forwards or cicles the room because she knows it annoys me and I stop what I am doing to tell her to stop it! Lol.

Dave is also good at sneezing to get your attention :lol:

8. rona

rona Guest

I've known several dogs that have used sneezing for attention.
    Weird one that, I wonder how it starts

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

He also sneezes back to you if copy him :lol:

10. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I also know dogs who sneeze for attention etc, very strange indeed.
    My Bella normally wants to play when she tries to get your attention. She gets 2 off lead walks a day at failry fixed times, so she doesnt really expect these at another time.

When she wants to play she gets toys out her box, comes to wherever you are, and squirms on her back with the toy in her mouth. Should this fail, she goes and gets another toy and repeats this. The process continues and almost always she finds a 'victim' to play with her!!

11. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

To make sure you know he is awake and wants food / play / whatever a huuuge extra loud yawn...also if he wants to go to bed.

To play...a toy brought over and deposited on your lap / shoved into your leg. If he really wants to play and I am busy a sort of 'eeeerororo' noise followed by a musical growly noise.

Cuddles...lots of talking like chewbaca- same type of talking if he is tired and would like to snooze but I am disturbing him; does it from under my desk at work a lot when someone is in my office. When they leave he does a huge sigh and groan followed by a noise just like 'uh-huh!!' which means 'at last' as he then goes to sleep.

Kilo 'talks' a lot...I love it :D

12. CarrieH

CarrieH PetForums Member

Dory knocks you with her head, she's very in your face when she wants attention. Ben will stand and stare at me if he thinks he should have a walk.

Tess our old Sheltie used to be marvelous at sulking if she didn't get what she wanted. She'd sit with her nose about an inch from the wall and would refuse to look at anything else. She really could sulk as well, she could keep that up for hours at a time:rolleyes::

13. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Lilly would love to come every day :D All I need to do is win the lottery ;)

Zipper licks me or pushes his head up under my hand so I stroke him.
    Lilly makes little growling noises and wags her tail.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice