Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How weird is this

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by yeuxvert, Nov 23, 2012.

1. yeuxvert

yeuxvert PetForums Senior

I'm a vegetarian and animal lover, but I'm keen to see how Springerpet's Skye has got on and enjoy reading Pogo's posts of his dogs catching their food AND I'm feeding Isla raw including preparing liver :eek: something I would never have done for husband :D

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I was forever in a dilemma when I was working my dogs.
    At home I won't kill anything, not a spider or a fly.........when out with the dog it's somehow different. I never actually killed for the sake of it, never the one at the end of a gun, but if my dog brings back an injured bird or catches a myxy rabbit, I feel it's my duty to do right by that creature

3. missRV

missRV PetForums VIP

I've been vegetarian since age 11 but I'm very phobic of dead animals, if the dog brought anything back I'd probably cower in a corner when my mum does the deed of kindness.

I can't touch the dog's wet meat (including ham slices) but kibble and dry treats are just about touchable only if I can wash my hands immediatly afterwards.

4. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Pogo is a girl :D She just has butch dogs :lol:

5. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Have to say always admired those who are vegetarian and yet still feed their dogs a species appropriate diet. Let's face it, hubbie isn't really a carnivore despite the fact he say otherwise ;)

6. yeuxvert

It just gets weirder :confused: thankyou for enlightening me :D

7. yeuxvert

Thank you :)

8. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

I'm a veggie and anti-bloodsports but raw feed and find gundog training fascinating.

It take some justifying to some people but it works for us.

I leave my vegan chick pea curry to simmer while hacking up dead animals for Diz :rolleyes:

9. Lil Doglets

Lil Doglets PetForums VIP

It's not that weird, I'm a veggie and animal lover too and also feed my dogs raw :)
    I think part of loving animals is to be able to appreciate predators and prey and the skills they both have, how hard they both have to work to survive, it's just nature.
    What isn't natural is humans eating ridiculous amounts of meat from animals that have lived the most appalling lives, there's no skill in a man slicing open or electrocuting a weak, terrified animal hung upside down or whatever :mad: i think the amount of meat available needs to be made drastically less, it's just stupid when you walk round the supermarket and there's like 2 whole aisles of fresh meat, then a butchers counter AND all the frozen meat... and that's just that 1 supermarket, most towns must have like 4 big supermarkets plus all the little shops and then all the butchers! How much meat does one town really need! such a waste of poor helpless lives :nonod:

Sorry kind of rambling on but makes me so angry

I do realise ofc that feeding raw is probably supporting that disgusting industry but then so is any other commercial dog food, so i'd rather feed my dogs what i believe to be the most natural thing for them, being carnivores there's not much choice whereas i can live a healthy life without meat :)

10. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

Springerpetes little Skye is getting on very well, better than I could have hoped for as a novice on the shooting field.
    We all make life choices, I respect yours, I hope mine doesnt cause people to think any the less of me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice