Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how to treat walking dandruff at home

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by zuzy, May 14, 2020.

1. zuzy

zuzy PetForums Newbie

My rabbit had a small patch of hair missing on the back of her neck basically ever since we got her. We got worried when this started getting bigger so about a year ago we took her to the vets. Twice. We spent £66 in total for the vet to tell us they don't know what's wrong as apart from the hair loss the rabbit's skin and overall health were in pristine condition. However, the hair loss just continued to the point where most of my rabbit's neck is now completely bald. Recently I have noticed what looks like dandruff in her fur and so I researched walking dandruff however I have never seen the dandruff actually move. I was just wondering if there could be any negative effects if I treat her for walking dandruff (with a treatment from amazon) even if she doesn't actually have it. Also are there any home remedies for walking dandruff or just hair loss in general? I have attached pictures of what her neck looks like. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
    Image-5 (1).jpeg Image-3.jpeg

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

3. zuzy

zuzy PetForums Newbie

oh okay thank you!, I just had a look at the list and the vet I went to appeared at first but then disappeared the next time I checked? I'm guessing they have been removed from the list...

#3 zuzy, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice