Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How to treat FLUTD ?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Tweedle Dee, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dee PetForums Member

One of my kitties is weeing blood. I have been to ask at the vets and he thinks one of them has Feline lower urinary tract disease. (im not sure yet which of my four cats it is). Most likely one of my male Ragdolls as they are house cats. He has suggested feeding hills prescription. Clean litter boxes at all times (do this already and we have one box per cat... although they all tend to use the same one :rolleyes:) And make sure they drink plenty (not vodka though! :D)

Anyone know what else i can do and also any suggestions on finding out which cat it is..i only noticed as one tiddled on the kitchen floor during the night.

Ang

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

poor thing
    how meny rooms you got ?
    could for one night shut them all in different ones then go round looking in the morning then let them all back together again
    when you know which one it is

3. Fade to Grey

Fade to Grey PetForums VIP

:eek:
    thats not good.
    i'd try what my mum said, with the separate rooms.

4. Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dee PetForums Member

Thanks , im going to try it tonight.

Ive eliminated my youngest girl Ragdoll and my eldest male by locking them away this afternoon one at a time, both had a tiddle and it was clear. So its either my Moggie (outdoor cat) or my young Raggie boy thats passing blood.

hopefully i will be able to find out which one it is by the morning.

Ang

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice