Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How to stop your dog licking your face! Just discovered this easy technique...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by classixuk, Aug 2, 2009.

1. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Hey all,

I just discovered this technique, and wish I had time to make a video (maybe I will do so later on when I get back in).

Doing my shopping a couple of days ago, I was intrigued when I discovered a new "Dog Breath" aniseed flavoured dog spray. Simply spray a couple of squirts into your dog's mouth to instantly freshen his breath!

[​IMG]

"Wow", I thought. So I hastily picked some up and popped it into my basket.

Yesterday, I opened the packet, and sure as anything, Paddy came up to me to investigate.

In order to begin training a new word, I held the spray at nose level and repeatedly said "Breath. Breath.", until he opened his mouth to explore the item, at which point I sprayed twice with a "Good boy, breath!".

Although he recoiled in horror, shaking his head from side to side and sneezing, I presumed I had done rather well in beginning his training to open his mouth on command for the word "breath".

So today, after coming out of the shower, I spotted the breath spray on the sideboard. I picked it up, took off the lid, and held it low down.

"Paddy...Paddy", I said all excitedly. He got up and walked towards me, stopping about 4 feet away looking at my hand.

"Breath....Breath!", I began saying.

Immediately, as soon as I said it, he began shaking his head from side to side and sneezing! I kid you not.

"No Paddy. Breath...breath!", to which he began running around the room whilst shaking his head and sneezing repeatedly, before finally 'bowing' in front of me and giving the item in my hand a low growl.

By this point, my other half and I were laughing so hard. I guess Paddy really didn't like the spray yesterday.

So anyway...back to the point of the thread!

Paddy has a habit of wanting to thank me everytime I do something nice to him, by licking my face!

Problem solved.

I have swapped my Versace Aftershave for a couple of squirts of "Dog Breath" spray, and now he won't come anywhere near my face! LOL

I am thinking that perhaps I can buy some for all of my friends and family who hate it when a dog licks them. Who needs listerene huh?

:D

2. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

When a full grown dog licks your face is it still trying to make you regurgitate your food?? Or is it respect for the leader of the pack??

3. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Dogs lick your face as a sign of affection. Thats a cute story poor Paddy.

4. flufffluff39

Ok thanks!!

5. flufffluff39

Ps my dogs give me kisses as soon as I wake up and I don't mind :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice