UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,404 Posts
I hate wood pellet cat litter, but it is the best (IMO) for small kittens. At least that way when they eat it, it’s relatively harmless. I keep them on the wood pellet litter till they’re at least 8 weeks old, then try them with the clump forming litters… if they’re still eating it I stick with the wood pellet stuff.

·
Banned
3,404 Posts
Sorry, I assumed your question was “how to get them to stop eating cat litter”

or were you actually asking for tips on how to get them on to solid food stuffs?

lol, sorry if I have answered the wrong question.
:eek:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they are only not interested as they've not been offered food as yet, well once is all so far. That'll soon change though!

The litter eating won't harm them? Assuming as soon as they try a bit with pee or poo on it they'd soon stop lol

Just using some pinky looking one ?clay? from Tesco I was given but if wood is better then can get some at weekend.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
just put litter in with my kittens today they are just over 3 weeks old and started to widdle all over, I took some clean litter out of mums tray so at least it would smell of mum, I turned around and found 3 of them licking the litter.

My friends kittens did the same....must be a kitten thing:eek:

mind you did find them sucking on the rug as well when let them have a wander around the living room

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beano just ate a meal :thumbup: Benji had a lick, Fatty Wigglebum sniffed and did a runner to munch the litter again and other one still asleep :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well 2 have swapped litter for meat now :thumbup: just two more to go! Started feeding them off a spoon and then they both jumped right into the saucer and ate away :) Hatter has had one meal and Beano has had 4 so far - can't wait till all four do, it'll be such a cute piccie :D

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
I use chick crumb for kittens, in theory because it won't hurt if they eat it. I've found they make no attempt to eat chick crumb or layers pellets (typical) but they will always try to eat a clay based litter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.