Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how to stop next doors cats coming in my garden/house?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by missingadog, Jun 23, 2009.

1. missingadog

missingadog PetForums Junior

hi there, my new next door neighbour has 6 cats. yep, 6. i have a 5 year old female cat, who is very upset by the new additions. She doesn't like other cats and we havent been here long so theres a lot that is new to her, but we were here before these cats came. They go on my veg patch, fouling in there, no matter what deterrent i use, (squirting with water etc) they have started to come into the house, they come through the cat flap and through open doors and eat my cat's food. They will congregate in my garden, or on my shed roof and they are big confident cats and my cat is small and nervous. I can tell my cat is upset, as she was unsettled by the fact that she caught another cat eating her food and often reacts in a hostile way to these cats (hissing spitting, raised back etc.) These cats don't seem bothered by her hostility. i feel sorry for her and to be honest i am sick of these cats in my cat's territory and in my home too. Is there any way i can discourage this? thanks! x

2. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Only thing I can think is put something over your fence so they cant climb over?

I have 5 cats myself!! I know someone with 60 odd........6 doesnt sound alot now!! :D

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

60?! Has to be a sanctuary or something!!

4. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

lol nope shes a breeder! :D

Have been told there are people with more! and I thought i had alot!! :blushing:

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My god, brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'crazy cat lady' lol :w00t:

6. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

Seems this thread has got hi-jacked a bit.

OK op wants to know how to stop cats coming into garden and into house.

Into garden is a problem unless you cat proof it entirely - you can diy and there are numerous threads on this forum and others on cat-proofing. Also google it as one site gives detailed instructions on what to do.

If not diy then about 4 different systems you can buy.

As to preventing coming into house, I would go for a microchip operated catflap. But if you cat proof garden you won't need this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice