UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The returnee boy from my last litter Basil is in a temp cage (Ferplast Jenny) until the spring is here and then he will be going to live with my outside girls as he will be neutered before then.

Anyway he only pees in one corner of his cage but it's not in the base but he stand on the bars and pees out onto my carpet. I've put a hanging litter tray right where he done it as he has always pooped in one corner but instead of using this to pee in aswell he's just moved up the bars:sosp:

I'll be getting a new carpet soon and don't want it covered in pee so trying to think of ways to stop him. I'm going to cover the area where he pees from with cardboard but i can see him moving to another section. Anyway i'm looking for any other tips or suggestions on how to try and stop him:eek:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Could you try a shower curtain? It wouldn't look to fab, but you would be able to cover the entire area of carpet around the cage. Even if he did pee then you could wipe it up with a bit of toilet roll and wash the shower curtains every few days :) If you could buy some cheap ones from poundland and then you would have some to rotate with while the other ones are washing and drying :) I have no idea how you would even try to stop him peeing out the cage altogether though :(

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the ideas!

My dad suggested building a tray that attached to the outside of his cage so that when he pees that will catch it, so will try a few things and see how it goes. Roll on March when he can go outside:p

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
The returnee boy from my last litter Basil is in a temp cage (Ferplast Jenny) until the spring is here and then he will be going to live with my outside girls as he will be neutered before then.

Anyway he only pees in one corner of his cage but it's not in the base but he stand on the bars and pees out onto my carpet. I've put a hanging litter tray right where he done it as he has always pooped in one corner but instead of using this to pee in aswell he's just moved up the bars:sosp:

I'll be getting a new carpet soon and don't want it covered in pee so trying to think of ways to stop him. I'm going to cover the area where he pees from with cardboard but i can see him moving to another section. Anyway i'm looking for any other tips or suggestions on how to try and stop him:eek:
So funny one of my hamsters used to do that.. he would cock his back side in the air and pee out.. lol Little Mario it was.. xx

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's actually peed on me twice by doing it:eek:

Once i was walking past his cage and the other i was sitting doing invoices on my bedroom floor and he decided to pee on me and them!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
So funny one of my hamsters used to do that.. he would cock his back side in the air and pee out.. lol Little Mario it was.. xx
ha; my sisters used to do that- he actually made a conscious effort to pee on dad as he passed; what an aim that boy had!!
oh buddy. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.