Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How to paint agility jumps?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by keeleyjane19, May 15, 2010.

1. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Hey, how would I paint agility jumps? What are the measurements for the colours? I know there is a certain way and wanted to do it properly as I have just bought wooden ready to paint jumps, thanks :)

2. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

loads of great info on making DIY agility equipment here:

Dog Agility Equipment Index

If you want to make the competition standard you can look on UKagility and agilitynet etc to find competition standards for them. but painting-wise i think it is personal preference - just paint on the undercoat and choose a gloss colour you like and paint the jumps :)

scroll down on here to see competition standard equipment - you can see how they have painted the jump wings: http://www.madkathagility.com/agility_training.htm

#2 katiefranke, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  3. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

The under coat I am having white, then going to put a colour strip in the middle of the pole. WHITE-BLUE-WHITE .

I don't want them competition standard, just for fun but want them looking decent!!

Thanks for all your help!!

Will check out the site xx

4. dimkaz

dimkaz PetForums VIP

great!
    make sure that there is no slippery bit of painting....

they can be very dangerous and painful for the dog and your pocket..
    :)

enjoy!
    d

5. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

They look very decent without paint to be honest, and thought if I just got some wood protecting paint which would be better.

Oh I don't know!!

Heres me thinking out loud!!! xxx

6. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I found it easier to put stripes on the poles by using coloured gaffer tape - there's a good choice of colours - mine are white with 2 red stripes. I made my own jump wings and used whatever colours were marked down to 75p in B&Q.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice