Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

How to make a hamster cage more interesting?

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by MillieT, Oct 31, 2018.

1. MillieT

MillieT PetForums Newbie

Hey so I'm going to get a hamster sometime this week and they're getting a 100 x 54 x 45cm cage. I have the usual houses and tunnels but i'd like some creative ideas my new hammy will love. So far I've come up with :
    • Tunnels which go underground
    • A wooden perch
    • Multiple levels
    • Sand bath
    Any suggestions to add to the list will be gladly appreciated.

kimthecat likes this.
  2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Its a long time since Ive had a hamster . Your ideas sound good . Its quiet in this section so Im just bumping this up .

MillieT likes this.
  3. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

'Puzzles' - hamsters are smarter than many think, I've added some links to some videos to make puzzle toys for hamsters:

I know this person has done other puzzles but I can't find those videos right now, hope this helps. :)

4. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Which species of hamster are we talking about? There are 5 different species (although one is very rare in the UK) and one hybrid commonly found as pets in the UK. While some of them do have similar needs to others, it's best to target care to the species in question. I do very different cage setups for Syrian hamsters compared to Chinese hamsters compared to dwarf species, so advising as to a general "hamster" could mean I'm giving incorrect or even dangerous advice.

5. MillieT

MillieT PetForums Newbie

A syrian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice