Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

how to make a dog to show signals before poop/pee

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by zozzen, Jul 2, 2009.

1. zozzen

zozzen PetForums Junior

After many observations, my dog seems to show no significant signals before she wants to pee/poop. She may be investigating the place before she goes, but it's no different from her everyday searching. she never turns around and poop wherever she wants.

Recently, I've taken care of another dog for my friends. Every time he wants it, he always turns around and goes to a grassland. I asked my friend how this happens, he said he doesn't know. He's gifted to act like this.

My dog is 1 year old. Is it possible to make a change on this?

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Is she messing in the house?

3. zozzen

zozzen PetForums Junior

yes, she was, but it's been 3 weeks that she has been trained not to poop and pee in the house (by a crate training) and it's 95% successful.

In the past year, my one-year-old dog had her own unlocked pen and she could do whatever she wanted there, until i found that she never held her pee and poop. She can do it everywhere she wants, in a restaurant, at my friends' home, in the middle of car roads....

After a recent crate training, she can hold it until we go for a walk, but she always poop in an undesirable place. I tried to put her on a grassland, on a newspaper and she never wants it. She just keeps walking, sit within a second and lay down her poop or pee.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice